Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilla, no congrats for Munro College?

Come on, wi nuh live suh!

That was a very one-sided 3-0 thrashing that Munro put on STETHS over the weekend. It was so thorough, I really expect Munro to repeat it when they play at STETHS on Oct. 6.

STETHS did string more passes together than Munro, however, who chose the more direct route to goal.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

I see the Cornwall man has made a big difference quickly at Munro? Pity he could not retain the Jackson Shield.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Hey, the Munro man has worked wonders at CC. It's all good!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ah busy mi busy. My congratulations sar! Hope MC will go all the way to break the 75 year jinx. The good book seh, there is a time and place for everything. I get the feel that Munro is going to be like Haleys Comet, which only passes by once every 75 or 76 years. That being the case, your next DaCosta Cup victory for you should be around 2040. Damn, that is a long time!

Anyway, wishing you all the best if you can beat us at the STETHS sporting complex.
        Last edited by Tilla; September 25, 2007, 10:09 PM.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
          Ah busy mi busy. My congratulations sar! Hope MC will go all the way to break the 75 year jinx. The good book seh, there is a time and place for everything. I get the feel that Munro is going to be like Haleys Comet, which only passes by once every 75 or 76 years. That being the case, your next DaCosta Cup victory for you should be around 2040. Damn, that is a long time!

Anyway, wishing you all the best if you can beat us at the STETHS sporting complex.

...aaahhhh bwoy!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We can change it today if we want.

But we have standards?

I wonder when STETHS will break the millennium jinx of no Jamaica Scholar?!?

Hmmmm.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dean does NOT consider himself a Munro man in the very least. Unlike Peter lee he has never played for Munro in the Jackson Shield and has no plans to either.

Munro had approached him to take over their programme, offering a very nice package and even though he had no fixed contract with Cornwall he turned down Munro.

But how can you lay any claims to Dean when he went to Munro less than two years after five full years at Cornwall?
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

What standards are you bragging about Mosiah? Your headmaster who is also an Old Boys of Munro has lowered those standards drastically years ago, where have you been?

Munro is now taking boys with FOUR CXC passes in Sixth form, I recall years ago Munro fifth formers who had seven could not get in to Sixth Form.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Talk what yuh know, not what yuh hear bout?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess you guys should stick to the books then and leave football alone.

Funny when we choose to have a talk about your underachievement in schoolboy football, you chose to lik mi wid yuh Jamaica Scholar? We (STETHS) may not have produced any Jamaica Scholar, but we have produces some well respected people in the professions as well as academics. Mi nuh know if I told you about the STETHS youth who went to UWI then Harvard and eventually became a professor at Harvard? Those are the types of things we achieve and leave the Jamaica Scholar to unuh.

Anyway, mi nah try bus yuh bubble and yuh Jamaica Scholar. 2040 is going to be a long time away. Many of us on here now will not be around to experience it.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I guess you guys should stick to the books then and leave football alone.
                      Ridiculous! Munro should stop playing D-Cup because wi not winning it. STETHS should sitting exams because they not getting Jamaica scholarships.

Funny when we choose to have a talk about your underachievement in schoolboy football, you chose to lik mi wid yuh Jamaica Scholar? We (STETHS) may not have produced any Jamaica Scholar, but we have produces some well respected people in the professions as well as academics. Mi nuh know if I told you about the STETHS youth who went to UWI then Harvard and eventually became a professor at Harvard? Those are the types of things we achieve and leave the Jamaica Scholar to unuh.

Anyway, mi nah try bus yuh bubble and yuh Jamaica Scholar. 2040 is going to be a long time away. Many of us on here now will not be around to experience it.
                      And we also have footballers (and other athletes) who have done quite well for themselves, thank you very much.

It depends on what you think is important.
                      Last edited by Mosiah; September 27, 2007, 08:43 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Where do you think he learnt his best football, to the point that he became confident enuff to enter coaching?

A-ha!

How well do you know Dean? He went to Munro less than 2 years?!?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Brandford Gayle told me this himself...straight from the horse's mouth Mosiah...this is no hearsay
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Munro only entered DCup in those days to give the boys some thing to do, Dean could barely make the CC team but was made captain of the Munro team straightaway and againt Cornwall he seem confused as he kept passing the ball to the Cornwall team who were actually his former team mates.

Maybe he never thought of himself as a Munro boy at all, he just went there as Cornwall had suspended Sixth form then.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

All mi saying, if we are talking football, let it be football. No one doubt the caliber of Munro students when it comes to the academics. Therefore you do not have to rub it in.

BTW, can you point me to a Munro player who is in the pros or made the national senior side in the last two decades? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X