Karl, Sickko, or those in the know, how long were schoolboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl, Sickko, or those in the know, how long were schoolboy

football games back inthe 70s and early 80s? I have a little bet going here. Was it 35, 40 or 45 minutes for each half?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    football games back inthe 70s and early 80s? I have a little bet going here. Was it 35, 40 or 45 minutes for each half?
    I know when it was 35 minutes and 40 minutes!
    In the 50s 35 minutes. ...do not remember exactly when it became 40 minutes.

Give me a few and I'll see if the Herbert McDonald book,
    "History of Inter-Secondary Schools Football Competition - 1909-1973" can shed any light on it.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl is right, I recall when I was in high school it used to be 40 minutes each half then it was increased to 45 minutes a few years after I left.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Thank you! I know when I used to play it used to be 40 minutes each way. Some people were laughing at me last weekend when I told them that!

I understand that it was changed to 45 minutes when ISSA was set up in the early 1980s, as part of their strategic plan to develop all sports along international lines as much as possible. I thought ISSA was older than that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

what a rahtid memory yuh have dere mosiah!!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh tink is Jawge yuh dealing wid? I know an insult when I get one!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

an' yuh seh dat MI, a insult jawge? ah bwoy ... jackass seh world nuh lebel.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X