Time for Colour to leave Titchfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Colour to leave Titchfield

Sometimes, you just can't any more juice from the orange. Let somebody else try. He should have taken the Munro job!

Fair Prospect whip Titchfield to move into play-offs
    Everard Owen, Observer writer
    Thursday, October 11, 2007

Port Antonio, Portland - Fair Prospect, under slippery conditions, turned back the challenge of Titchfield High through a double strike from Tyrone Brown to triumph 5-2 yesterday in a Zone L (a) game at Fair Prospect.
    Titchfield have been hard-pressed to advance to the next round whenever the group has been split.
    Gregory Burke (25th), Jamar Webber (52nd), Jermaine ming (88th) and Brown (76th and 84th) were on the scoresheet for Fair Prospect, while Kamoy Pryce (43rd) and Ryan Rodney (90th penalty) replied for Titchfield.
    Coach Donovan Ricketts was elated with the result.
    "We have to do some serious training as this is a big win for us and we have never moved out of the zone and beaten Titchfield before. The team stuck to the game plan and it worked for us."
    Disappointed Titchfield coach Andrew Edwards was graceful in defeat. "They worked hard and they deserved the victory. We commend them as we did not live up to expectation," he said.
    In the other game in the group, Port Antonio High outscored Happy Grove 6-2 courtesy of a double strike from Shamoy Linguard.
    Fair Prospect and Port Antonio will now play-off with St Thomas Technical, who beat Morant Bay, 2-0, along with Seaforth from Zone L (b). In another Zone L (B) result, Yallahs edged Paul Bogle 2-1.
    Other results:
    The following games were affected by the inclement weather: Little London vs Mannings (will be played today), Aabuthnott Gallimore vs Marcus Garvey Glenmuir vs Central and Bustamante vs Garvey Maceo.
    Today's schedule
    Zone E
    Lacovia vs Munro
    Maggotty vs BB Coke
    Newell vs STETHS
    Zone H
    Lennon vs Clarendon
    Thompsoon Town vs Claude Mckay
    Vere vs Kellits
    Zone K
    Islington vs Brimmervale
    RESULTS
    Zone A
    William Knibb 2 Anchovey 0
    Zone C
    Petersfield 6 (Kachave Parkinson 3) Maud McLeod 1
    Godferry Stewart 0 Grange Hill 0
    Zone D
    Ocho Rios 5 (Shavar Brown 4) Brown's Town 1
    Cedric Titus 4 York Castle 1
    Zone F
    Manchester 3 Porus 0
    Bellefield 2 DeCarteret 1
    Zone G
    Albert Town 2 Knox 1
    Spaulding 4 Holmwood 2
    Zone J
    Glengoffe 4 McGrath 3
    Dinthill 4 Bog Walk 2
    Zone K
    Tacky 4 Oracabessa 0
    St Mary High 2 Iona 2
    Annotto Bay 1 St Mary Technical 0

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Fair Prospect whip Titchfield to move into play-offs
    Disappointed Titchfield coach Andrew Edwards was graceful in defeat. "They worked hard and they deserved the victory. We commend them as we did not live up to expectation," he said.
    Other times, Colour has been gracious!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL!
      On a serious note, Colour and I had some long talks in the summer and even before and he wanted to leave Titchfield, got some great offers at schools that knew how to use a good coach.

He was talked into staying however and followed his heart, even so many of the promises were not fulfilled and he was in effect, given basket to carry water by the Titchfield admin.

This woman who is the principal is the one who should go as she is standing in the way of progress.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, let me add I will never sacrifice education for football or any other sports but this not that situation, Colour is always a teacher first and coach second and he deserves better, Titchfield deserves better.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        LOL!

He was talked into staying however and followed his heart, even so many of the promises were not fulfilled and he was in effect, given basket to carry water by the Titchfield admin.

This woman who is the principal is the one who should go as she is standing in the way of progress..
        I believe every word you say, now you understand the royal battles I fight further east. Why you think we had to move Akino Ming to KC Ah bwoy - remember that song "pain in my heart"
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

While Colour may have it at heart to help his former school to the top, he must consider the fact that he has given alot, and sometimes you need to walk away and try something new and I think it is time he begin to think of utilizing his potential for something else.

He has too much talent to be trying to make blood out of stone every year, as many of the people in the Titchfield organization seems to think sports is a waste of time.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Agreed!
            He should leave!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X