• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica's Athletic Performances and Drug Taking

Jamaica's Athletic Performances and Drug Taking
    Letter...Letter...Letter
    Saturday, August 02, 2008

Dear Editor
    The Olympics are upon us and accusations are flying fast and furious. Even faster than Usain Bolt's 9.72 seconds 100m world-record time. If accusers Victor Conte of Balco fame and Dr Adrian Lorde from the Caribbean Regional Anti-doping Agency are to be believed, Jamaica is not only the current sprint capital of the world, but also the drug-taking capital of the world.

For the first time in recent memory the world powerhouse, the mighty USA, is not the dominant force in the sprint events (regarded by most as the premier events). There is a very real possibility that Jamaican athletes could win all four events (100m, 200m both men and women) and also take home the two sprint relay gold medals. This would be quite a remarkable feat for any country, let alone one the size of Jamaica. Understandably, this has raised quite a few eyebrows, and some very envious ones.

Complete Story ...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Is this the same Warren Blake who was once president of the Junior Doctors Association?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yep! Same bredrin. He's a former classmate of one of my fleshies at KC, and a good friend of the family. I haven't touched base with warren in about 20 years. He ended up in politics with the PNP and, if memory serves me right, was an opponent of Andrew Holness.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
        Yep! Same bredrin. He's a former classmate of one of my fleshies at KC, and a good friend of the family. I haven't touched base with warren in about 20 years. He ended up in politics with the PNP and, if memory serves me right, was an opponent of Andrew Holness.
        tenk yuh, sah!

Comment

Working...
        X