Now I See!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I See!!

The following press release sure puts a totally different perspective on things! Seems like posters such as Don1 and Mosiah were definitely on the right track when they posted their thought-provoking questions (Don1) and comments (Mosiah) yesterday! The press release below has been copied from today's Jamaica Observer (sports section):

MVP head coach, Stephen Francis, believed his athletes were taken out of his custody to work with unfamiliar coaches and claimed he had no input in their training.

However, a release from the Jamaica Olympic Association Tuesday evening stated otherwise.

"There is absolutely no truth to the allegations that Mr Stephen Francis will not be able to coach the athletes at the Olympics under his care, unless he has taken that decision not to coach his own athletes," the release said.

"Mr Stephen Francis had long indicated to the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association (past and present) that he does not wish to be a part of the National Team's coaching staff."

The statement also said that Francis was among three coaches who were accredited personally to coach their athletes in Beijing.

"He was accredited as a personal coach for the athletes under his care for the Olympic Games, as was the case in all major championships including the World Championships in 2005 & 2007," the release added.

Uh oh! I honestly didn't realize that this press release had already been posted below! After posting the release above, I scrolled down to catch up on some of the things I hadn't read yesterday, and so saw for the first time that it had already been posted.

Please accept my apology for this re-posting.

Comment

No problem.

Regarding the issue, like everything else on this board, forumites will look past the FACTS and form an opinion which satisfies their previous views on the person or a general view such as distrust of administration. No matter the evidence, some will see Franno as the victim.

Franno and I went to primary school together and I have always considered him a friend. No, we have never had a beer, but we won't pass each other without a hail-up. But I have had enuff of his antics!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why on earth did he think calling veterans like Mills, Quarrie etc "high school coaches" would help to make his case? Does he just shoot from the hip and think about what he said later?

I mean nuff people before him have had issues with the JAAA and many of them justified but bwoy,dis bredda yah look like he is the type that has a problem with every potential solution!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

He is absolutely out of control! And I seriously think the JAAA must start thinking about how they engage him. He must RESPECT the governing body! If they have a problem, appeal to the IAAF.

Imagine if this were football, Burrell would have banned every last one of them and we would have cheered!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

On top of that, for all his quality, what has he really won thus far?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well thats true but I won't really hold that against him (yet) and that could change dramatically in the next few weeks. He can certainly take credit for creating a world class T&F organization.

But at least respect those who came before you nuh? He is acting like as far as Jamaican T&F goes, in the beginning there was MVP and nothing else.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Exactly! Jamaica was winning medals long before MVP!!!

Even if he racks up the medals this Olympics, that would not give him the right to behave like a spoilt child. They need to remind him who run tings!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As a fan of Jamaican track & field and also a fan of the MVP athletes, I am not in agreement with Franno's actions now that more information has come to light. He needs to put his ego in check and work on mending fences with the JAAA, because if the bulk of his athletes are Jamaican then he will need the support of the JAAA to enter his athletes in major championships. Eventually the shine will rub off of his athletes unless they have some major championship hardwares.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yuh ah di real....

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                    The following press release sure puts a totally different perspective on things! Seems like posters such as Don1 and Mosiah were definitely on the right track when they posted their thought-provoking questions (Don1) and comments (Mosiah) yesterday! .
                    ... BIG MAN!!

It's refreshing on this forum to see someone balanced and secure enough to change a position based on facts presented... the typical approach is to bluster or obfuscate... i may do that myself

respek
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

wait...what dat yuh seh...talk up likkle louda......eeeh?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Maths brains from Primary School ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          wait...what dat yuh seh...talk up likkle louda......eeeh?!
                          my self incrimination must only be hinted at AND whispered.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

is because yuh know wi eyesight a fail wi. a gwine ask yuttie fi read it fi mi. him young!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              is because yuh know wi eyesight a fail wi. a gwine ask yuttie fi read it fi mi. him young!
                              time to invest in a magnifying glass!

Comment

Working...
                              X