Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop baton? Damn!!

Just when it looked like nothing could go wrong
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Let's hope the guys redeems us
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

If the baton did drop it woulden bad. But it never did drop! How do you run out of the lane when you know where the borderline is?

I could never figure that out, but then again, I was only a Class 3 hurdler.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bwoy if there ever was a Dream Team this was it. Places 1-2-2 in the 100m and 1 in the 200m. Arguably the 4 fastest women in the world on the same team.

So it go sometimes, but it still hurt like hell!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          If the baton did drop it woulden bad. But it never did drop! How do you run out of the lane when you know where the borderline is?
          The exact thing happened to the USA women at the Athens Olympics in 2004!!! In Athens, Lauryn Williams moved off to fast and so Marion Jones couldn't get the baton in her hand. By the time there was some degree of connection, Lauryn had run out of the 20-meter exchange zone.

The same thing happened this morning. Kerron went off too early, and by the time she heard Sherone calling her back and slowed down, it was too late. She missed the baton, but even if it had connected then (belatedly), it would have still been too late, as she had already run out of the zone.

Only five teams finished this frigging relay!! Jamaica, Great Britain and Poland did not finish.

This is the worse day of my life for 2008, and I am NOT going to watch the men's 4x100-meter relay. I'll get the damn results here or elsewhere.

Comment

They should have slowed down, play it conservatively. They would still have won.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Historian its a pity that you are NOT going to watch history being created today.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
              X