Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronze for Jamaica 4 x400m Women

USA gold. A blistering run from Sanya Richards. Congrats
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Unbelievable, who anchor for the ja women

Comment

I think it was Novlene. The feed went after the first leg. Shericka started and ran very well.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Congrats to the ladies. It has been a very good Olympics.

Comment

The ladies never step up to them potential on this one, sorry. the US had one finalist in the 400, we had two and our four girls should be faster than their four on paper but that just goes to show it is not run on paper.

Comment

I disagree. I knew going in that we would have to challenge for one of the lesser medals. The Russian team was very strong and you know the US always come with a strong team. I am satisfied with the bronze.

Comment

Melaine should have run. 3rd leg was 50.5..think we needed a 49 breeze. I have noticed though that our ladies lose any early advantage...if they are leading by 2 m it is cut down by the first bend....

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                I disagree. I knew going in that we would have to challenge for one of the lesser medals. The Russian team was very strong and you know the US always come with a strong team. I am satisfied with the bronze.
                Now you're making sense, Jangle! I fully agree with your comment here. Like you, I'm satisfied with the bronze, as I wasn't looking for anything higher than a bronze. The Russians and the USA are indeed stronger teams.

Comment

i don't believe that at all we had five girls count them running sub 51, three or four yunder 50.5 on a flat 400, no one else had that except the russians and none of their runners had a killer kick to finish, we should have at least competed for this gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                    i don't believe that at all we had five girls count them running sub 51, three or four yunder 50.5 on a flat 400, no one else had that except the russians and none of their runners had a killer kick to finish, we should have at least competed for this gold.
                    The USA had Felix, a very good 200m runner that is able to carry her speed over the 400m, and that's a deadly combination....
                    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

I agree with you. Sandy who seemed to run their best leg (I may be wrong) got her but kicked by our runner in the flat 4. In the 4x4 you just can't give up landscape like that PLUS our handovers were kinda off....and we lost some metres there as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X