Summady please tell me now how....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summady please tell me now how....

... come Melaine did not run in the 4x400? She won the 400 hurdles in 52.64. While I am grateful for our bronze medal effort which averaged 50.10 per leg, I can't help but wonder, as I did yesteday, whether Melaine could have run a faster 400 leg, considering her hurdles time. Maybe J'can based forumites, who heard the local commentary, can give some insight.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Seems like they decided to just go with the team that was being prepared for the race.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nonsensical though...or was it that they gave up on the silver? Don't we always use our 400m hurdler for the flat relays?

Comment

It seems as if they wanted to spread the medals around. So many people were getting medals, others started feeling slighted.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You know what they didnt drop the baton, so that was good, but as you say the average was 50.10 and all them girls have run that on the flat already or close to that, how the hell did USA run 3;18 something when only one of their girls in sub 50 mode, that is what you cal "HEFFORT" yeah spelled with an h for "hemphasis" (no not that kind!!0

BIg, big ups to the one Sanya Richards who i have not been complimentary too maybe is because me jealous of Aaron Ross, anyway she show big big heart, that is all i will ever ask.

The girls should have broken 3;19 at the very least and 3;18 if they were giving their all with a little tripe coming out, 49.50 on each leg is not too much to ask for on an Olympic final.

Comment

Alyson Felix ran a leg. She is easily a sub-50 400 runner!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yeah that does make a difference, she is really something else too!

Comment

I thought as much...but we just dont have that depth....yet.

Comment

One runner for us did a 49.5...can't remember..but you must check the video and let us know.

Comment

Yeah but Willimas tear out her belly in the 400 flat and said she had mor ein her to go for the gold...said she was watching the Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post

The girls should have broken 3;19 at the very least and 3;18 if they were giving their all with a little tripe coming out, 49.50 on each leg is not too much to ask for on an Olympic final.
                      I also think so. I have not seen the race...but I had been singing about an expected royal battle among these 3 teams - USA, Russians & JAMAICA! With a hoping that our ladies would pull it off!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                      X