• Show
Clear All

• Fi di expert dat seh Bolt ran the worst leg

Bruce James unnofficial report on the splits is

Nesta 10.35
    Frater 9.05
    Bolt 8.9
    Asafa 8.8

Anybody dat run a 8.9 Curve... yuh nuh call dem name juss suh.. much less talk bout 'worst'...

It makes no sense if you don't compare it to the Trini's time. I think that was the argument, that the Trini was gaining on him (snicker).

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There is no way Nesta ran 10.35 on that first 100, i can say categorically that cannot be right, the baton was in Frater's hand and they had separation before 10.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        It makes no sense if you don't compare it to the Trini's time. I think that was the argument, that the Trini was gaining on him (snicker).
        The angle from which the event is watched can make things appear radically different from the reality. If one studies the videotape of the race, that Trini was not gaining on Bolt. It just appeared that way based on the camera angle.

Comment

Again, it's real difficult to measure anything on a relay, but if you look at when Bolt and the Trini got the baton and when they handed it off, maybe that could explain a lot.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

For example TT handed the first change over BEFORE JA.

Comment

but then walked..the second leg...relatively speaking..

Comment

Who? T&T? They were in this race?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Look again.

Comment

dem give holiday a T&T fi di silver medal yet?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

2 silvers. Sports Minister promise the whole world when dem come back. There was some strong support for Bolt and Asafa here...and the women primarily among working class Trinis....

Comment

Even T&T must have some sensible people.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

After Powell finished the race, I said to myself this deserved a good beer. I walked to my fridge and pulled out a bottle of Pilsner Urquell, opened it and walked back to my couch, just in time to see the Trini crossing the finish line. There was that much difference between the two finishes.
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla you are killing me, nice set up, idrin!!

Comment

I had it a 10.3, Frater did make significant gains,Bolt won it ,and Powell set the WR.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                              X