X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Gail devers admitting something,H.L is this how you do it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGLhUNBKAgA
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

wada defends Usain Bolt
    Mon Aug 25, 2008 03:10

World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) director general David Howman says the Americans seemingly building a doping case against Usain Bolt should look at themselves first.

Bolt, 23, has come under scrutiny since his triple gold, triple world record performances on the track at the Beijing Olympics, winning the 100m-200m double plus gold in the 4x100m relay.

Part of the pressure comes from the fact Jamaica has been slow to set up its own anti-doping programme but Howman, a New Zealander, dismissed that.

"Sometimes these doubts are cast but I would suggest some Americans could look at themselves first. They had cheats in 2000 [Marion Jones] and cheats in 2004 so they think no one wins without cheating.

"Why is the emphasis on that fellow and not, for example, on [eight gold medal winner] Michael Phelps? Both those guys are just freakish athletes."

Howman said Bolt had been tested many times and said the innuendo being directed against the Jamaican has a lot to do with the perception Jamaica doesn't have an adequate anti-doping agency. It's been written that Jamaica opened it's anti-doping agency only last week but Howman dismissed that, saying: "I went down there to open it in 2005 but since then there hasn't been the political will to fund it.

"But he [Bolt] has been tested many times."

Asked if the United States' relative failures in track and field could be attributed to a much stronger anti-doping programme in that country, Howman was politic.

"It's not specifically America. What you've seen is the fight against doping has resulted in a lot of athletes, who might not have previously got on the podium, now getting there.

"Relatively clean countries like Great Britain and Australia are now coming through."

The absence of many Russian athletes because of doping violations was a talking point before these Games and Howman said over 60 qualified athletes from various countries had missed the Games because of doping violations in the leadup period, which evened the playing field.

Five members of the Russian track and field Olympic squad, and seven in total, were suspended by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) after an investigation found urine samples did not match DNA tests for the athletes who claimed to have submitted them.

And Bulgaria was forced to withdraw its weightlifting team from the Games after several members returned positive tests.

The Beijing Games have been one of the cleanest and least controversial in recent years and Howman said that was due to a big push from Wada to get governments around the world to sign up to the Copenhagen Convention, which is a commitment to implement Wada's anti-doping code. Since its inception in 2005, post-Athens, 93 countries, including New Zealand, have signed on with another 99 saying they intend to do so.

A total of 175 countries out of the 200-plus at the Olympics have recognised anti-doping programmes in place.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

HAHAHA! Wooiiee!!!

If yuh listen to HL, the great bad USA has so much money and such a good system that al of their athletes are taken care of beyond their wildest dreams! Ef a laff tidday!

I thought Home Depot supported all Olympians by giving them jobs where, even if they work part-time, they are paid full-time.

Woooieee, HL!

And yes, it is an admission by Gail Devers that tings use to gwaan and still a gwaan!

May our Jamaican athletes stay far from dem!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This is kind of thing that makes people hate Americans.

It takes a lot of arrogance to be exposed as known cheaters and then complain that the reason you are now doing badly is because the people that you used to beat are the ones cheating.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Even the East Germans have more class then them!

Shame!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

T&T used to pay Alto Bolton $200,000US/year to support his track & field endeavors. Don't look to USA to pay the Olympians, since it will not happen.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Could be the best youtube you have posted X. That's the part of T&F that has most of my interest.

most runners NEED to understand the business side of their 'trade'. What Gail Devers is saying is right from a runner's perspective. it's different from the sponsor's view.

The good news is that there is much room for negotiations...

Ms. Devers is so eloquent in her delivery. The entire english speaking world understood here very well.

I heard Bolt 'twanging" the other day. I hope he keeps this up.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I wondered where he got that accent from? There is no need to adopt a foreign accent once we articulate and speak a little slower.

Comment

These subtle attacks on HL are getting a bit annoying, particularly when they come from people who, like HL, have chosen to leave Jamaica to live in the USA!

Now, if the response to my statement here warrants a separate thread, I'm all for it! Let the battle begin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                    These subtle attacks on HL are getting a bit annoying, particularly when they come from people who, like HL, have chosen to leave Jamaica to live in the USA!

Now, if the response to my statement here warrants a separate thread, I'm all for it! Let the battle begin!!!
                    What's your opinion of HL's not so subtle attacks on Jamaica?

Life is a two way street isn't it?
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I like HL but there is a lot of self hating going on in that head of his. I've observed it on this forum for years. When a says "nothing world class comes from Jamaica" and he's Jamaican himself, you figure out the rest for yourself about his mentality.

Comment

Returneth thy sword to it's scabbard Historian!

There was a time when i relished doing battle with the 'mortals', but those days are past. I took no prisoners then...

Now, I prefer to take pleasue in watching them function within the Jamaican Universe. Out of that universe...no truth exists.

"Return thy sword i say".
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

More doodoo from HL. Anyone with a smattering of grey matter knows that the average Jamaican with a high school education is much more informed on world issues and thought than his American counterpart, not to mention the college graduate. So, it's absolute nonsense to talk about Jamaicans in a Jamaican universe when it's the American who is the one who is usually oblivious to anything outside his immediate neighbourhood.

HL displays that insularity and ignorance every time he sits in front of his computer. And the worst part is, he swears he is the one who knows s h it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bredrin, HL is a lost, clueless, brainwashed soul who swears by America...Mr. never see come see! Even gail Devers said it that American companies will be going for American athletes, and trust me HL she knows waaaay more than you do about this subject. She said exactly what Mosiah has said all along that Bolt' appeal will be more international and he will clean up there in terms of endorsements. With all this talk about Bolt stressing over American talk shows and endorsements, it was clear as day that that it may not happen anytime soon especially when you realize how bias the American media is. With all of Bolt's record breaking exploits as possibly the greatest sprinter and Olympian of all time, did Bob Costas or NBC invite him or the Jamaican Relay team in their studios to even just say Hi? HL the forum awaits your articulate spin!

Comment

Come on, Sensi, don't be so demure! What do you really think of HL?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X