Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Bolt

Bolt football?

Reports that an football club is interested in signing Jamaica Olympic triple gold medalist Usain Bolt are not true - so says the club and the athlete's management.
    Following Bolts record breaking runs in the recent Beijing Olympic 100 and 200 metres, there were reports that the Miami had sent a scout to China[/color][/color] to look at the lanky sprinter and even have discussions with him about a possible move to the club. But the club's management has firmly dismissed those reports as rumours.
    "It was started by a website and there is no truth to it," a club representative who only gave his name as Neil told THE STAR yesterday. We are not trying to get him and even if we were there would be a lot of things that would have to be done first." Neil, who seemed a bit peeved when the matter was raised, said he had first heard the rumours some days ago and the club has been contacted by several media trying to confirm it.

Rumours
    But even if they were interested, Bolt would not even give a listening ear, as the athlete's manager Norman Peart, revealed that he is not interested in that. "I don't know of that," Peart, who was surprised and tickled when THE STAR told him of the rumours, said. "A whole heap of people would be sad.
    He would have to fire coach Mills and I would be a hated man," he said laughing.
    The website MediaTakeOut.com had reported the rumour. "MediaTakeOut.com just spoke to a person affiliated with the NFL's Miami Dolphins organisation who claims that Bill Parcells is interested in trying out Bolt for the Miami Dolphins." the website said. "The insider told MediaTakeOut.com, 'Coach Parcells kept saying that he wanted to try out Bolt and [all the players] thought he was just joking. But now [one of the scouts] is on a plane to China to talk with Usain's manager." Another website said the Dolphins' management had a good laugh when contacted about the report. The matter reached as far as the NFL, which said Bolt was ineligible to play in the league. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Bolt would have to be declared eligible for the draft, make himself available in the draft and then not be drafted before he could become a free agent.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

The website MediaTakeOut.com had reported the rumour. "MediaTakeOut.com just spoke to a person affiliated with the NFL's Miami Dolphins organisation who claims that Bill Parcells is interested in trying out Bolt for the Miami Dolphins."

Gamma a you do this?

Who say Bolt can't be a household name in America? With these kinda news media he may have no choice. Don't deny anything Bolt just play the game.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

'ow yuh a juss a call up big man name suh?!!!

btw....watch those dolphins this year....YEA man!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

mi is a Bill Parcell man but mi can't see them a go anywhere fast, Maybe that is why Parcell a mumble Bolt so much

Comment

ahite...sah. mek wi si how the big tuna and the dolphins mek out and whedda dem a guh get caught inna di same net!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Ricky looking good jus keep him away from Ziggy Marley and Scottie Pippen

Comment

Working...
            X