The (men) olympic marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The (men) olympic marathon

I thoroughly enjoyed both olympic marathons.

Samuel Kamu Wanjiru won the men's marathon with an olympic record of 2:6:32!!!!!!!

I sometimes question the accuracy of marathon timing. Reason being: all marathon courses are not the same.

The New York, Boston, Atlantic City and other similar well documented courses--will produce more accurate records based on compiled historical data of finishes. (And that does not consider variables like temperature, humidity and so on).

Still, much congratulations to the Kenyan!! I was so happy for him during the closing ceremonies.
    Last edited by HL; August 26, 2008, 06:43 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

New York, Boston, Atlanta or "well documented" courses??!?

Your slip might be exposed a tad.

What was wrong with Beijing?
    Peter R

Comment

This is laughable. HL just does not know when to say when.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

is like quicksand....the more yuh wriggle....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

http://www.beijing-marathon.com/cont...86/79/lang,en/

Comment

Golly! Do you mean to tell us that Beijing has had its marathon since 1981!

Gee!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes...but is it "well-documented"? whatever that means...
              Peter R

Comment

Well-documented means American.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If i am not mistaken, the Boston marathon could be the longest on record. Again, if i am not mistaken it could have started somewhere in the 1800's. (the results of the finishes are very well documented)

The New York marathon could be pushing 40 years of record keeping.

The 3 cities i mentioned is obviously not a finite list...

(I always use ellipsis... in my posts. The one time I didn't you though I had my half-slip showing).

Yes add Bejing, add The London Marathon add .................>>>>>

My point is each marathon is unique because of it's course and location. Add temperature, humidity, rain, snow--and finish time fluctuates all over using the same course.

The finish time for the 'Athens' olympic was 2:10:55

HL

Comment

But of course, HL! They are not all run on flat surfaces, some go a bit uphill and they go downhill. Snow? Doubt it but not impossible.

But given all those variables, the authorities have found it fit to have records for the event - world records, course records, Olympic records, etc. Beijing's are no less accurate than or insignificant as any other!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Christ jeezu...give the boy a lolly-pop!!!!

He got the point!!!

HL

Comment

HL said:
                        I sometimes question the accuracy of marathon timing. Reason being: all marathon courses are not the same.
                        Cristobal Colon have nada on you!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

~guffaw~ the thing about quicksand is.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                          X