No announcement yet.

Carl Lewis licks out against Bolt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please educate me then. Is it true that we do not have random out-of-season testing in Jamaica?

Comment

For example, has Bolt or Fraser been approached at thier home at 7:00 p.m on Christmas Eve and ask to **************** in a container or give blood? Thar's what random and out-of-season drug testing is. Just asking....

Comment

Oops! The censor police are out. Shold have said wee wee in a bottle.

Comment

They do turn up randomly , we are number 5 on the most tested list .what they are ****************ed about is we dont have a Wada /Iaaf lab as if that would make a difference , the next thing they will say is its corrupt because it is on the Island where everyone knows everyone.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I read somewhere that the random testing works on a three strike rule, meaning that if they turn up at your door on Christmas Eve and you hide in the bathroom and they get a message that you're not home, that's strike #1. A second time say on St valentines DAy you do the same thing, that's strike #2, a third time then there's some sort of sanction or mark against your name.

What athletes who're juicing do ("they" say) is avoid the first two visits, then stop taking whatever illegal stuff they're taking after #2 so they're clean for visit #3.

Can anyone confirm this.

I don't think we should be naive about drug taking among athletes in general but I hope to God we are clean...my gut says so, therefore I'm going with that until otherwise proven. I am going with the comment by Glen Mills I quote for my tag-line below.
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              I read somewhere that the random testing works on a three strike rule, meaning that if they turn up at your door on Christmas Eve and you hide in the bathroom and they get a message that you're not home, that's strike #1. A second time say on St valentines DAy you do the same thing, that's strike #2, a third time then there's some sort of sanction or mark against your name.

What athletes who're juicing do ("they" say) is avoid the first two visits, then stop taking whatever illegal stuff they're taking after #2 so they're clean for visit #3.

Can anyone confirm this.

I don't think we should be naive about drug taking among athletes in general but I hope to God we are clean...my gut says so, therefore I'm going with that until otherwise proven. I am going with the comment by Glen Mills I quote for my tag-line below.
              You got the drug dodging part correct. ...Carl considers himself a forgotten man and this is his way to come back into the spotlight. ...besides for all the taking about his exploits...I cannot remember Carl setting any World Records...at any Olympics. It really must be eating at him that Usian did not just win Gold Medals...we tore World RecordS to shreds! Usain's exploits have regulated Carl's achievements to
              'next best'!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

If Nike had a gag order on Lewis, did they approve this hit?

When it comes to Usain Bolt, money talks, Carl Lewis won't

21 August 2008 at 01:18 - 6 comments - link
                BEIJING (AP) It wasn't that Carl Lewis was sad to see one of his defining achievements finally equaled.
                It wasn't as if the enormity of the event left him speechless.
                Get this: One of the greatest sprinters ever refused to talk about The Talk of the Beijing Olympic track meet - Usain Bolt - all because Bolt wears the wrong shoes.
                "He's a Puma guy. I really can't say anything," Lewis said Thursday, politely declining an interview when approached at the Beijing Silk Market by an Associated Press reporter.
                Lewis has a contract with Nike.
                But c'mon, Carl, sponsorships aside, you must have some thoughts about Bolt's two world records, the fact that he became the first person to win gold medals in the Olympic 100 and 200 since you did in 1984.
                Right?
                Lewis simply circled his hand above his head, sort of wishing he could talk but saying he couldn't.
                "I said something the other day and the Nike people saw it and they weren't happy," Lewis said.
                Anything you'd like to say about the race?
                "I'm glad we got the silver and bronze," he said.
                Americans Shawn Crawford and Walter Dix actually finished fourth and fifth but were moved up in the standings when the runners ahead of them were disqualified.
                Take one quick guess what kind of shoes they wear.
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

What some dont realise is the speed in which the USA took to lodge every protest to garner a medal , medal by protest again I repeat the President of the USOC is a Nike consultant.

Read carefully between the lines.
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

fear of becoming irrelevant.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                    X