MVP against espionage.. or improvement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willi View Post
    OK then, where are the results to prove this. Where have these magical coaches been all this time.

Also, which of them have the technical and business training combined, needed to run a successful business (camp).

Let us be real, the blow of losing Franno would set us back YEARS!

Plain English and bad manners!
    Set us back years?
    ...not if the coach or coaches who step in recognise limitations and surround themselves with needed expertise. In fact, if they unlike Franno step in without being on that ego trip they will have more time to spend with their athletes and may well get greater results.

We could just as well take a great leap forward...getting into a situation where the Franno-like organisation is set up in 4, 5, 6 or more different places...in new improved form!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Actually,

Franno is NOT on an ego trip based on my interaction with him. If you only knew the half. Egos lie elsewhere...where insecurities lay.

Comment

Nope,

No one is above criticism and I do my own share on Franno in a constructive manner. I recognize genius and will bend to accomodate it though. I also understand WHAT the fight is about.

Irreplaceable? Not in the absolute, but certainly RELATIVELY! Just as I dont see another Bolt springing up overnight if ours gets injured, do YOU? Another genius that we are gifted with at present.

Swallow your own pride and ego people, we are in the presence of GENIUS and we are blessed at the moment. We need to give them ample room and support to do their thing and NOT stifle them with our pompous moralizing and enslaved thinking. They are exercising their spiritual power, going beyond all pre-set limits, and if you find that too formidable, well then go hold a corner! Same advice I give to the JAAA and the IOC. They are all finding faults where none lay and imposing SILLY, archaic rules out of FEAR of loss of control.

Public dissing?? If you call a bunch of high school coaches, high school coaches, how is that dissing. Truth is an offence but not a sin. Most of them were ...just that, HS coaches with ZERO experience in the Pro arena. This I know as fact.

Comment

OK,

You did say IF, so I withdraw. You were not being absolute and YES, Franno has given a received tons of info from local coaches over the years.

I am not a track insider, but I do have good and diverse sources.

Why is it Franno is the one clashing all the time? Tell me, how many PRO setups do we have in Jamaica that is COMPLETLY independent of the existing power structure?

Cant you DISCERN, a command and CONTROL problem?

I thought you wree more perceptive than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            What do you think he instructs his assistant coaches in when he's head coach of our national squad... backgammon??
            How much time does he spend with the national team? Are you intimating that he crams a seasons worth of material into a couple weeks? Stop waste people time nuh.

Comment

Nope,

No one is above criticism and I do my own share on Franno in a constructive manner. I recognize genius and will bend to accomodate it though. I also understand WHAT the fight is about.

Irreplaceable? Not in the absolute, but certainly RELATIVELY! Just as I dont see another Bolt springing up overnight if ours gets injured, do YOU? Another genius that we are gifted with at present.

Swallow your own pride and ego people, we are in the presence of GENIUS and we are blessed at the moment. We need to give them ample room and support to do their thing and NOT stifle them with our pompous moralizing and enslaved thinking. They are exercising their spiritual power, going beyond all pre-set limits, and if you find that too formidable, well then go hold a corner! Same advice I give to the JAAA and the IOC. They are all finding faults where none lay and imposing SILLY, archaic rules out of FEAR of loss of control.

Public dissing?? If you call a bunch of high school coaches, high school coaches, how is that dissing. Truth is an offence but not a sin. Most of them were ...just that, HS coaches with ZERO experience in the Pro arena. This I know as fact.

If you wish to bow down to Francis because of his "genius" that's your prerogative... I don't have that approach to any guy.

The guy is obviously a great coach but also obviously emotionally unstable and egotistical... what he did at the Olympics is unpardonable.. to me... to you it is perfectly acceptable.. no... perfectly justified. That is also your prerogative to have that opinion... as it is mine to disagree.

As to that junk about spiritual power and pompous moralizing etc. .. i'll leave that alone.

I can agree to disagree with your approach to the matter.
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

OK,

You did say IF, so I withdraw. You were not being absolute and YES, Franno has given a received tons of info from local coaches over the years.

I am not a track insider, but I do have good and diverse sources.

Why is it Franno is the one clashing all the time? Tell me, how many PRO setups do we have in Jamaica that is COMPLETLY independent of the existing power structure?

Cant you DISCERN, a command and CONTROL problem?

I thought you wree more perceptive than that.
                That's reasonable. I can see where he would have problems with amateur and archaic administrators.

However my issue with him relates to how he manages the problems... ie by personalizing the issues in an immature fashion.... that's not exactly professional is it?

Also.. you interact with him and hear his side of the story first hand it seems. Do you also get first hand info from the other side?

From my life's experience.. truth always lies in the middle.. and can only be determined after getting both sides of the story.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Oooh, Brickie! Nuh mind, yaw!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That's reasonable. I can see where he would have problems with amateur and archaic administrators.

However my issue with him relates to how he manages the problems... ie by personalizing the issues in an immature fashion.... that's not exactly professional is it?

Also.. you interact with him and hear his side of the story first hand it seems. Do you also get first hand info from the other side?

From my life's experience.. truth always lies in the middle.. and can only be determined after getting both sides of the story.
                    Truth lies where it will, not bounded by sides. As I said, I have wide contacts, typically more in the JAAA in fact.

I have a good perspective on all sides.

Finally, I do have similar criticisms in HOW Franno handles that issue. A man of many talents, but PR is not one of them! I am trying to get the right people to address that.

The road is hard though, I know of the struggles from way back. Franno got almost no outside help in the beginning and almost had to quit!

Likkle most we would have been sooo many medals less in Beijing, you did mi?

Comment

If you wish to bow down to Francis because of his "genius" that's your prerogative... I don't have that approach to any guy.

The guy is obviously a great coach but also obviously emotionally unstable and egotistical... what he did at the Olympics is unpardonable.. to me... to you it is perfectly acceptable.. no... perfectly justified. That is also your prerogative to have that opinion... as it is mine to disagree.

As to that junk about spiritual power and pompous moralizing etc. .. i'll leave that alone.

I can agree to disagree with your approach to the matter.

What is junk is you staying in your armchair with limited info and making a firm judgement. Absolutely ludicrous, but that is your right.

Pooh-pooh all you want but if you cant see that what Jamaica produced in Beijing is wayyyyy beyond the normal and has caused the mighty USA to get bent out of shape...I cant help you.

Comment

What is junk is you staying in your armchair with limited info and making a firm judgement. Absolutely ludicrous, but that is your right.

Pooh-pooh all you want but if you cant see that what Jamaica produced in Beijing is wayyyyy beyond the normal and has caused the mighty USA to get bent out of shape...I cant help you.
                        I have no dispute with anyone about our output in Beijing. Why you bring that up is as puzzling as it's irrelevant. This discussion is not about performance.

My judgment is that Francis is a great coach AND egotistical/immature. Those two states are not mutually exclusive.. he is both. I applaud his great coaching but reject his immature and disrespectful behaviour.. to fellow coaches especially.

I don't need to get out my armchair to determine that.

Comment

Nope,

If the coaches were only high school coaches...it would be dissing!

If the coaches were only the best high school coaches in the world...it would be disssing.

The problem is the coaches in the group where all coaches with impressive resumes including turning out top international age-group T&K talents, Junior World Championship medalists, Olympic and World Championship medalists. These coaches are among the elite group of top world coaches who turn out top world athletes. Any coach who produces athletes that qualify for the Olympics is an elite coach. A coach of some good pedigree. Any coach that steers an athlete or athletes to an Olympic medal or medals or World Championship medal or medals is in the World's elite group of coaches.

In the case of Glen Mills for a very many, many years. Years that pre-date the arrival of Franno on the scene. In the case of the others just about all have been turning out top world age-group athletes for years.

In the context of where Franno choose to 'vent' his nonsense, before the World at an event where the media was reporting to and before the largest World audience...to rail against his fellow Jamaicans and dish dirt on representative of the nation and the nation itself...was a despicable act. Matters not Franno's grouse, he owes the coaches, the entire Jamaica delegation...not least his own athletes...and Jamaica the nation an apology.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

There is a problem with this getting paranoid - What happens if Asafa, Bridgette and the other MVP athletes left...as eventually leave they must...even if it occurs when age gets the abilities to leave them? Will they not go with the knowledge of their 'plans'?

...and what of Bridgitte and others that came in from outside of the island? Did they not aquaint Franno of their previous programs? ...programs prepared for them by their former coaches?

...and btw - There are many programs at, for example, Mico Teachers College. Many are the teachers who have the various info in some old 'notes' book...gathering dust...turning yellow and brittle...and many are those that have been destroyed.

You just cannot hide programs athletes use. Others see them on the field and watch the work-outs. They talk about it with friends. ...and those plans can be adjusted...just as the programmed gym work...food they eat, etc can be and are frequently adjusted after analysis. As to progress the athlete makes when following any particular program...the progress or lack of it that occurs can be followed....and are usually there -results at meets - to charted by the interested.

Franno is just paranoid.
                            Find Freddie Green (retired FIFA ref), Grover Campbell, Horace Lewis (JFF Referees Officer), Stanley Green (retired Football ref) all former Mico Phys Ed lecturers...Vinton Powell (Mico grad & former or still is StGC Coach), Raymond "KC" Graham (Mico grad), Lancelott Livingston (Mico grad & former or still is C'down Phys Ed teacher), ...and the many, many more all over the world who know how to put training schedules and support services together...most of these have never coached for any appreciable time...as it was just not their 'cup of tea'...just couldn't bother!
                            ...but most passed the knowledge of "the how to create training schedules for T&F athletes" on.

...ooooh I forgot Yvonne Kong and Edwin Murray of the GC Foster School of Sport and Phys. Ed...they too should be on that list...and another, Dorothy Hobson (former Jamaica Woman Cricketer)...and Vivalyn Latty (another Jamaica Woman Cricketer)...and the list goes on...and on!
                            Last edited by Karl; September 17, 2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

He did not mean Mills and the others like Willo and clearly told them so. Clearly any coach of an Oly athlete is worthy of respect, but how many in the delegation apart from the above fit in that description?

Telling the truth is dissing now????

If yuh a HS coach, yuh ah HS coach. Franno himself was once just that!

If you think there is no problem putting HS coaches in charge of PRO athletes yuh make a sad mistake.

Comment

If you think there is no problem putting HS coaches in charge of PRO athletes yuh make a sad mistake.
                                In what way were these HS coaches put in charge of PRO athletes?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X