• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCB takes Spikes magazine pop quiz

</IMG>
    www.spikesmag.com

Veronica Campbell-Brown takes our pop quiz

Two-time Olympic 200m champion Veronica Campbell-Brown of Jamaica talks about her desire to transport herself back in time to meet The Beatles in our spikesmag.com pop quiz...

What has been the greatest moment of your life?
    VCB: I would have to say that the greatest moment of my life was 3 November 2007, when Omar and I tied the knot in wedding celebration with families and friends.

What colour is Wednesday?
    VCB: In my opinion, Wednesday is the colour Green. It is halfway in the week, on that day I look forward to the weekend.

How much money have you got in your pocket at the moment?
    VCB: Unfortunately, I don't have any money in my pocket at this moment, usually, I don't have pockets on my night garment!

If your house was on fire what is the one thing that you would save?
    VCB: My husband.

If you could have any superpower what would it be?
    VCB: To cure illness and injustices.

What is your karaoke tune?
    VCB: Bob Marley – No Woman, No Cry.

If you could have five dinner party guests who would they be and why?
    VCB: Martin Luther King – to find out how he remained dignified under stress.
    Nelson Mandela – on how he spent his time in jail.
    Jesus Christ – to talk about his take on earth as it is today.
    Bob Marley – to find out how he was able to be a world presence coming from a small island.
    One of The Beatles – when they prepared to take the world by storm back in the 60s.

What is the best tip anyone has ever given you about anything?
    VCB: Don't associate with negative people, the least amount of people I listen to the better off I will be, and stay away from drama.

If you were an animal what would you be and why?
    VCB: A cheetah, so I could move even faster than I am currently moving… lol.

Who's the most famous person on your mobile?
    VCB: My husband.

When was the last time your cried?
    VCB: My wedding day, tears of joy.

What was the name of your childhood pet?
    VCB: As a child we have three family dogs (Brownie, Blackie and Whiteman – they were named based on their colour) and a few cats... no pet per-say.

What was your favourite toy when growing up?
    VCB: My Barbie doll.

What is the single most expensive phone bill you have ever wracked up?
    VCB: $1,000 plus.

If you could play another sport what would it be and why?
    VCB: I would say netball but it wasn't my favorite sport to play in high school. However, I like tennis, it seem fun and I admire the Williams sisters.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Nice!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yes mi like har ansas...mi notice seh shi nuh mention mi not even once though....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        yes mi like har ansas...mi notice seh shi nuh mention mi not even once though....
        Nice!
        Spike magazine?
        Barbie dolls?

...obviousloy very much in love! Aaaah young love!
        Love (to see...take pleasure/enjoy seeing...) the young in love!

...not just on the track...represents us WELL!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

ahem - maybe yuh name was eluding har

Originally posted by Gamma View Post

- Langston Hughes

Comment

i guess there is always a first time.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If you, or anyone else was thinking she might give her husban bun wid you, unuh corner well dark.

Was that $1,000 phone call JA or US?

And I like the advice she got....not to associate with negative people. Good stuff!
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                If you, or anyone else was thinking she might give her husban bun wid you, unuh corner well dark.

Was that $1,000 phone call JA or US?

And I like the advice she got....not to associate with negative people. Good stuff!
                Tell im & them again! ...just support the lady!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

BTW MdmeX, you know this was not directed at you...beg pardon if I offended.
                  Peter R

Comment

Peter R - mi kool

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                    BTW MdmeX, you know this was not directed at you...beg pardon if I offended.
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                    X