X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson stung by losing record: Bolt

Bolt says losing 200m record must have stung his rival Johnson

Tue Dec 2, 1:25 am ET
    KINGSTON (AFP) – Jamaica's treble Olympic sprint champion Usain Bolt believes his world record-setting triumph in the 200m in Beijing must have stung previous world record-holder Michael Johnson more than the American admitted.
    "I know he was lying," Bolt said of Johnson's claim that he didn't feel a pang of loss when Bolt sliced two-hundredths of a second off his 12-year-old mark with a sizzling victory in 19.30sec.
    "I am sure Johnson thought his 19.32 would have been there for a longer time," added Bolt, who also won the Olympic 100m in a world record of 9.69sec and was part of Jamaica's triumphant, world record-setting 4x100 relay in Beijing.
    Bolt, 22, said earlier this month he will bypass next year's early Golden League meets to better prepare for the 2009 world athletics championships in Berlin.
    But he says he hasn't got another 100m-200m double in mind as specific goal at the worlds.
    "I have not yet set myself any goal, but to stay on top," he said.
    To do that, the Jamaican hinted, he might have to run even faster.
    "Everyone will be gunning for me, but that will only push me to do better," he said.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

I I were advising Usain, I would suggest he stay awy from those things because those are better unspoken. His image would be better if he were more gracious regarding those things. Just show the Al Green smile.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Let the yute be himself. Nuttin at all nuh wrong wid his statement, and more power to him!
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I agree with you...Usain should stay out of saying how he thinks other people feel... even if he is correct in his opinion. Just take care of business...maintain the high road.
        Peter R

Comment

Johnson was happy to see it go

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          Bolt says losing 200m record must have stung his rival Johnson

Tue Dec 2, 1:25 am ET
          KINGSTON (AFP) – Jamaica's treble Olympic sprint champion Usain Bolt believes his world record-setting triumph in the 200m in Beijing must have stung previous world record-holder Michael Johnson more than the American admitted.
          "I know he was lying," Bolt said of Johnson's claim that he didn't feel a pang of loss when Bolt sliced two-hundredths of a second off his 12-year-old mark with a sizzling victory in 19.30sec.
          "I am sure Johnson thought his 19.32 would have been there for a longer time," added Bolt, who also won the Olympic 100m in a world record of 9.69sec and was part of Jamaica's triumphant, world record-setting 4x100 relay in Beijing.
          Bolt, 22, said earlier this month he will bypass next year's early Golden League meets to better prepare for the 2009 world athletics championships in Berlin.
          But he says he hasn't got another 100m-200m double in mind as specific goal at the worlds.
          "I have not yet set myself any goal, but to stay on top," he said.
          To do that, the Jamaican hinted, he might have to run even faster.
          "Everyone will be gunning for me, but that will only push me to do better," he said.
          It was drug tainited but by breaking it Bolt without drugs, bolt made it look clean. It also makes Johnson drug tainted 400m record appear to be clean.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Any female Usain Bolts on the horizon? Who will redeem Flo J?
            Peter R

Comment

Agree with you.
              What was the point...if not to just rub it in? Does not sound and or 'look' good.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                I I were advising Usain, I would suggest he stay awy from those things because those are better unspoken. His image would be better if he were more gracious regarding those things. Just show the Al Green smile.
                I fully agree with you on this, Westman.

The only thing Bolt will achieve by careless, unprofessional-type statements such as this is to create enemies unnecessarily.

I have Michael Johnson's reaction on videotape, thanks to Canada's CBC televised broadcast from Beijing. A camera was trained on Johnson in the BBC's broadcasting booth, and as he realized that his record had gone, he laughed and jumped in excitement, turned around and gave Colin Jackson a high five. They both seemed in high spirits at that moment.

Comment

Shelly Ann Fraser

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  Any female Usain Bolts on the horizon? Who will redeem Flo J?
                  Shelly Ann Fraser says that she is going after it. Let see what happens.

Bolt broke Johnson record because of a genetic code that produced a tall man with fast muscles that was enough to overcome a drug advantage.

Unlike Johnson's record, Flo's record wa both drug and wind assisted. What we need is a tall woman with muscles fast enough to overcome both the drug and the wind.
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                    Bolt broke Johnson record because of a genetic code that produced a tall man with fast muscles that was enough to overcome a drug advantage.
                    Damn! Dat sound like someting from di Bourne Identity!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Damn! Dat sound like someting from di Bourne Identity!
                      ...or Trelawny, Jamaica? ...or just... Jamaica!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

totally agree with you on this...
                        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                        X