• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlete wins shot put title in record Time

...... remarkable!!

Miller claims shot put glory in record time

Saturday, April 04, 2009
    ASHINIA Miller of Calabar High almost guaranteed himself a spot on Jamaica's team to the 12th IAAF World Youth Championships in Italy this summer.
    The 16-year-old achieved the automatic qualifying standard of 17.40 metres on his way to winning the Boys' Class Two shot put in a meet record.
    Ashinia Miller of Calabar shows off his gold medal after establishing a meet record of 17.41 metres at the 99th staging of the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys' and Girls' Athletics Championships at the National Stadium yesterday. (Photo: Bryan Cummings)

link

Miller produced 17.41 metres on his second attempt to better the old record of 16.01m established by another Calabar athlete Sean Samuels in 2005, by a massive 1.40 metres.
    "I feel great because I have worked hard for it all season," Miller told Sporting World yesterday. "I spent late nights putting in hard work in training in preparation for making the World Youth qualifying standard," he added.
    Miller's winning mark was almost two metres better than his nearest opponent of St George's College's Johnathan Lynford, who posted 15.51m to take silver ahead of Jamaica College's Shaquille Lewis with 15.39m for bronze.
    "As usual I want to thank my coach (Julian Robinson) and God, who have been there for me... and my teammates who encourage me," Miller said, noting that he hopes to finish in the top eight at the World Youth Championships in Bressanone, Italy, between July 8 and 12. Miller will be representing Jamaica at the 38th staging of the Carifta Games in St Lucia between April 10 and 13.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Journalistic standards, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      Journalistic standards, eh?
      yuh seet!!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

UWI Grad?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          UWI Grad?
          No doubt!!

Comment

Maybe he meant that by winning with his second throw that constituted a "record time"???
            Peter R

Comment

Working...
            X