X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champs 400M = A Class 111 Girl

Girls

400m Class 1
    1. Jodi-Ann Muir (Wolmer's) 53.45; 2. Latoya McDermott (St. Amdrew High) 53.50; 3. Amoy Blake (Edwin Allen) 54.58; 4. Denesha Morris (Manchester High) 54.83; 5. Samalia Cousins (Vere) 54.88 6. Tamara
    Keane (Holmwood) 55.32; 7. Kerri-Kaye Lamb (Oberlin) 57.54; 8. Amoy Blake (Vere) 58.50.

400m Class 2
    1. Petra Fanty (Holmwood) 54.24; 2. Danielle Dowie (Wolmer's) 54.34; 3. Antonique Campbell (Herbert Morrison) 54.36; 4. Shavine Hodges (Herbert Morrison) 54.85; 5. Chantel Adams (Manchester) 55.15; 6. Samantha Woodburn (Holmwood) 55.23; 7. Moya McKenzie (Bellefield) 56.21.

400m Class 3 1. Chris-Ann Gordon (Holmwood) 52.68; 2. Shericka Jackson (Vere) 53.13; 3. Kadejah Haye (St. Jago) 56.25; 4. Kessi-Ann Brown (Wolmer's) 57.87; 5.Natricia Cuff (Holmwood) 58.59; 6. Nicole Martin (Knockalva) 58.79; 7. Vanessa Crooks (Immaculate) 59.13; 8. Shareen Gordon (Guy's Hill) 59.21.

Boys -

400m Class 3 1. Ahk Bowes-Savage (St George's) 50.16; 2. Lennox Williams (Manchester) 50.78; 3. Keneil Harrison (Munro) 51.02; 4. Alwayne Pitter (Edwin Allen) 51.47; 5. Tevin Murphy (Jamaica College) 52.18; 6. Romaine Headman (Jamaica College) 52.19; 7. Akeem McClean (Calabar) 52.67;

Chris-Ann Gordon (Holmwood) 52.68

8. Brandon Stern (Wolmer's) 52.78.

Yup! Who kmows what the damage the young lady would have done to the Class 111 boys pyche if she had run against them?

As we would say back in the days - shei good, bad!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

First and second both bettered the class II and I times!
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      First and second both bettered the class II and I times!
      Simply incredible performances by this Class 111 young miss!
      Out of this world!

TALENT BOUNDS! ...and unlike our football, T&F has the teachers to bring these young on to World Class Performances!
      Lazie, weh yuh deh?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

400m Class 3 1. Chris-Ann Gordon (Holmwood) 52.68; 2. Shericka Jackson (Vere) 53.13;

400m Class 1
        1. Jodi-Ann Muir (Wolmer's) 53.45

WOW !
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That run was stupendous! Absolutely world class! She faded badly as she probably went out too hard, but the time is still great and yes, would have some Boys running scared! And to think that that great run was not a record!

The other world class performance was by the Holmwood Class 4 sprinter - 11.90s in the 100m!!! Astonishing! She went on for two more records, a la Bolt, in the 200m and the relay.

Excellent running form to top it all!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But is whe dem cum from? Jamaica have a "track facktory" fi true!
            Peter R

Comment

determination.....yuh think any a dem ever hear 'bout a certain usain bolt? all ME wa'an run track again!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

With all due respect for Usain, this tradition and determination is coming from long before Usain.

Imagine, next year is the 100th renewal of this meet!

I suggest y'all plan your vacation around Champs 2010. T&F fan or not, it is absolutely the best!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i know that.....his exposure is unprecedented in jamaican track and field...ok not unprecedented but not since '48 and '52! 3 WR on gold medals at one olympics? him one?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Understood! but i just would not want to see some people, esp. the foreign press, come with anything suggesting that Champs became big following the exploits our athletes, esp. Bolt, in Beijing. Cah yuh know dem will do dat!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Understood! but i just would not want to see some people, esp. the foreign press, come with anything suggesting that Champs became big following the exploits our athletes, esp. Bolt, in Beijing. Cah yuh know dem will do dat!
                      Good talk!
                      ...and if you check the times over the years, comparing top World times to our Champs times we were even then not far away! Champs has been good for a very long time...if you ask me, always excellent!

Comment

Working...
                      X