Fan reaction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan reaction...

Some times we get some letters from some real IDIOTs out there, here is one that takes the prize, I added my initial response under it...also bear in mind that Kayon Raynor found his personal throws coach in Kingston and did an interview that ran along with the story of him winning the medal.

Mr. Reid,

Isn't it ironic that the only athlete that has received a medal for Jamaica to date at the World Youth Games in Italy you dont even know which local high school he is from.

You media hypocrites need to give credit where it is due. If you are going to name the schools do it for ever single athlete and coach not some. His photo and a report is in your paper today and persons have to be asking which local high school he attends. SHAME

I am
    Lorraine McKenzie

My response-

Madam

I suggest you take a few steps back and calm down as your attack was totally unwaranted.

If you did some research you would find that the Observer was the only local media to highlight the fact that Smikle was the only thrower chosen to represent the country at the WYC and Calabar was repeatedly mentioned as was his coach.

This was before the team even left the island.

Also while he is here representing the JAMAICAN diaspora, not just the 2.7 million that lives in Jamaica, Calabar has been mentioned.

For your information, good journalism does not dictate thet we repeat the same information repeatedly in every single copy.

Maybe if you spoke to his coaches and Michael Vassell they might be able to correct you on your gross ignorance.

For your information, I am from the 'country' and I am here to represent the entire JAMAICA and dont get caught up in the silly rivalry between Kingston schools if that is what you have in mind.

Maybe your anger is misdirected as if I am not mistaken, the Observer is the only newspaper that even carried photographs of him in competition and on the awards stand.

Might I also direct your attention to the IAAF website where I had an article on him even before he won the medal.

Your apologies are accepted in advance.

Paul A Reid
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.
Working...
X