If VCB never wins another medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If VCB never wins another medal

in individual international competition she will still go down as one of the greatest female sprinters from Jamaica and internationally.

She has never being tainted by anything untoward on or off the track and yes her personality isn’t the hyped up rah-rah type but how many athletes have been able to electrify a packed stadium?

She had given back to those who helped mold her career- to her primary and high schools and her friends hold her dear.

The only female athlete to win the 100m at every IAAF level- Youth, Junior and Senior not to mention winning at every level from Central Champs, to Pan-Ams, CARIFTA, College... and the list goes on...

For someone to even try to dismiss her achievements saying she has not won 'Olympic 100m gold or World Champs 200m' is low and whoever resorts to that level of discussion should immediately be disqualified from any track and field discussion forth with.

Credibility shot for ever no matter what flimsy silly excuses that might be proffered in an effort to make up face.

It just goes to show the ridiculous level which we are willing to sink that we try to tear down some one to try and build up another- talk about crab in a barrel mentality.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Are you an idiot??

You think I dont know the sport? VC is our most decorated female athlete ever, but her profile in Europe is not even close to Ottey. Mi live deh, so I dont need to guess and spell like you.

I highly respect her, but dont think that she is the ONLY athlete we have. She is a great among greats and has served Jamaica well. i also have a soft spot for Omar, who all of unno forget and relegate. He is CWealth Champ, but nuff ah unno gwaan like seh the man is prekeh!

The facts I laid out are FACTS and were in rebuttal to your original argument saying that her coach being in prison had NO effect on her results. Did she win gold in all she attempted in 2007/8??? NO. That means she could have done EVEN better if she had her coach full time by her side.

Sure she did well anyway, but there was still scope for improvement and perhaps if Lance was there she would have dusted Felix in the 2 and won the 100m going away as we hoped for. VC was faster than the rest in 2007 and the foto-finish flattered the rest of them. After all she PB shortly after running 10.85s in the driving rain at Weltklasse.

THAT is the point, but it seems your comprehension skills are not up to the job.

Crab in a barrel??? Quite rich from someone who does shameless promotion via "articles" for your buddy Claude B and who used to post negative remarks against Ottey based on alleged reports given to you by the Ottey family helper. I recall how Comment used to laugh at you over at the other site and all you could do was cuss and gwaan bad.

Tell me, does Calabar have a 6th form?

Go get a life and stop pretending to be a journalist. You dont have a clue and should be embarrassed. Perhaps you should go get an education afterall. Wheel and come again.
    Last edited by Willi; August 11, 2009, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Uh Oh!!

EDIT - Original post deleted, as I belatedly realized I have entered a war! Let me exit quickly!

Comment

Is like Willi naah tek nuh prisna.All I ask is that we refrain from the name calling like oava suh .PLEASE MI A BEG UNNU!
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Oh go **************** yourself you self righteous prick- I dont pretend to be a journalist, my work is accepted and published world wide by AFP, IAAF, Sun newspppers in Britain and others and I do get paid well for it too.

Been in the business for nearly 30 years and that is not by acident either

The IAAF recognises VCB for her body of works if you have not seen that then you cant be helped

You are so bitter it is unbeliveable that you would try to tear down some one who has worked hard to get where she is and has not done any harm to you or anyone.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Tear down VC?
            Do you have comprehension problems?

Tell me, does Calabar have a 6th form?

"Get some education, be of some value to the Nation."

Comment

Fight Fight Fight Figggggghhhhht

Comment

LoL

Comment

LOL, X when since you get suh self righteous? how ova suh come into this? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
                  Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                  Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                    Is like Willi naah tek nuh prisna.All I ask is that we refrain from the name calling like oava suh .PLEASE MI A BEG UNNU!
                    Too late sah. You know see dem back out de big tings already. All we can do is tek cover so as to not become collateral damage. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X