JAAA official laughing stock of World Athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAAA official laughing stock of World Athletics

they have now officially lost any credibility or PERCEIVED power they had, CLEAN HOUSE!!!!! THOSE GOONS HAVE PLACED A BLACK EYE ON SIXTY YEARS OF WORK, the only economical analogy for them is STAGFLATION, and I thought Bush could not be surpassed... I AM EMBARRASSED!!!!!!!!!!

AP

Posted: 8/12/2009 10:49:59 AM

BERLIN, Germany รข€” IAAF secretary general Pierre Weiss says Jamaica has withdrawn its request to ban sprint star Asafa Powell and several teammates from the athletics world championships.

Weiss says the IAAF has put pressure on the federation to change its mind because the exclusion of the six prominent athletes would reflect badly on the championship itself."
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Any idiot could have foreseen that you dont last-minute ban 2 Oly champs and a multiple former WR holder without turning Berlin into a fiasco!!

I said this days ago and now am proven right.

Weiss should not have mentioned it though, as that was unhelpful.
    I say it again...JAAA lacks strategic foresight. no body there ever studied strategy, apparently.

Comment

Jamaican stars cleared for Berlin

ATHLETICS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
      Venue: Olympic Stadium, Berlin Date: 15-23 August
      Coverage: Watch the action live and highlights on BBC Two, BBC HD, Red Button, Radio 5 live and the BBC Sport website (video for UK users only)
      Full BBC coverage details

Powell recently came sixth in the 100m at the London Grand Prix

Five top Jamaican runners including Asafa Powell have been cleared to compete in the World Championships, Powell's agent Paul Doyle has claimed. Powell, Olympic champions Shelly-Ann Fraser and Melaine Walker, plus Brigitte Foster-Hylton and Shericka Williams, had missed team training.
      That prompted the national federation to consider taking them off the team.
      But Doyle stated the Jamaican Amateur Athletic Association had a change of heart over the affair.
      He said: "The JAAA submitted a letter to the International Association of Athletics Federations asking for the athletes to be relieved from the starting lists.
      "Some discussions happened and the Jamaican federation sent another letter asking that their earlier letter be withdrawn. Removing the athletes was not good for anybody. If the athletes don't get to run, everybody loses."
      Powell, 26, had earlier said the internal dispute was harming the team, claiming: "For the federation to be fighting your own athletes does not make sense."
      606: DEBATE

The JAAA should ban all MVP athletes. The same thing happens at the Olympics last year

djkbrown2001

The former 100m world record holder said the five athletes, who are coached by Stephen Francis at the Maximising Velocity Power (MVP) Track Club, did not know they had to attend the Nuremberg camp.
      "We did not know the camp was mandatory," said Powell. "We decided to make a change this year and treat this championship like a normal track meeting. I guess that caused all the problem.
      He also said the federation had been at odds with Francis for some time.
      Powell is considered to be one of the potential challengers to fellow Jamaican Usain Bolt, the triple Olympic gold medallist and 100m and 200m world record holder, for a gold medal in Berlin.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

watch de now
        .................................................. .................................................. ...
        TrackLover Posted: Aug 12 2009, 08:15 AM

Capo

Group: Members
        Member No.: 279

Here we go again KLAS news just reported that the JAAA and IAAF are now in a meeting and will organize a joint press conference to announce the withdrawal of the 6 MVP athletes. Who to believe.
        Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
        Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Sad sad as it seems , if the JAAA had thier way they would be banned, bigga powas stepped in and told dem LOW di people dem.

The JAAA wanted to stop 2 olympic gold medalist and the former world fastest man from competing on the worlds 3rd biggest stage for what reason ?

Teddy affi guh!
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

AP or Klas???

I go with AP.

My faith in Jakan media took a blow this week.

Comment

FIFA would have disqualified them and replaced them with an interim board, or run their operations out of Zurich.

And I thought we couldn't get worse than WICB!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

they should be dissolved...

Comment

the JAAA or its members?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

members

Comment

...in a vat of methylhexaneaminic acid.

Sumpten go so, nuh true, X?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I remember when working at a five star hotel in Mobay, I was suppose to go on a leadership study on scholarship. The then operations manager who was English (now the Managing Director) said to me I hope they teach you to manage Jamaicans.

I was offended but it seems like our leaders makes their own rules and try fi "manage Jamaicans" instead of providing leadership.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Wi need management sometimes. Yuh ever deh pon a Air Jamaica flight full a Jamaicans?!?

Not a patriotic period for me!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

or a yawdie dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj0lI...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Wi need management sometimes. Yuh ever deh pon a Air Jamaica flight full a Jamaicans?!?

Not a patriotic period for me!
                              You've experienced that too huh? More like a period of embarrassment. We should swap stories sometime.

Comment

Working...
                              X