The Observer is the most Shamless Newspaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Observer is the most Shamless Newspaper

"underprivileged black people"......The a$$_h%le who wrote this piece and his editor can kiss my black ass.........The most destructive newspaper in the Western Hemisphere!

Slackness is a slippery slope, JAAA

Thursday, August 13, 2009

There's a phrase in Jamaica - never see come see - that aptly applies to those who, having lived their lives in the jaded belief that they'd never make it big in life, simply cannot come to grips with reality when they do.

Consequently their behaviour comes across as inexplicably bizarre, crass even.

We'd hate to think that this is the explanation for the spectacle which played out in Berlin between the MVP athletes and the management of the Jamaican team which is getting ready to contest the 12th International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) World Championships starting Saturday.

But can you blame us for supposing?

As far as we understand, the six athletes at the centre of the controversy - Mr Asafa Powell, the former 100-metre world-record holder; 100 metres Olympic champion Ms Shelly-Ann Fraser, 400 metres hurdles Olympic gold medallist Ms Melaine Walker, 100 metres hurdler Mrs Brigitte Foster-Hylton, 400 metres sprinter Ms Shericka Williams and 400 metres hurdler Ms Kaliese Spencer - were supposed to be at the Jamaica team's six-day camp in Nuremberg.

Why weren't they?

After all, it was mandatory, and according to the rules as posited by Mr Howard Aris, president of the Jamaica Amateur Athletics Association (JAAA), those who missed it wouldn't be allowed to contest the event.

So by a process of simple reasoning, having missed the camp these athletes should have been withdrawn from the event.

And for a while yesterday, it seemed as if they were going to be excluded, as the JAAA had asked that the offending athletes be withdrawn from the entry list. An Associated Press report pointed out that "the request could be rescinded because the final entry list has to be with the organisers 48 hours before the opening event".

So we were bitterly disappointed, albeit not totally shocked, at the swiftness with which the first report was followed by a second informing us that the JAAA had 'changed its mind'.

What mind? we ask.

According to the second report, the IAAF had put pressure on the JAAA to 'change its mind' because the exclusion of the six prominent athletes would reflect badly on the championship itself.

This from the mouth of none other than IAAF secretary general Mr Pierre Weiss, though understandable, is nothing short of scandalous in our opinion.

Understandable, because a lot of hype has been riding on the ongoing theme of rivalry between Jamaica and the USA and ideally the organisers would want to see the strongest complement on both sides competing.

Otherwise, the championship wouldn't be as exciting or as financially lucrative.

Scandalous because allowing the athletes to compete after clearly defying the rules represented an elevation of a dangerous breed of indiscipline that Europeans would not otherwise tolerate from underprivileged black people.

Of course, we'd like nothing better than to stomp all over our competitors in this latest round of rivalry. But not at the expense of the spirit of discipline which this country so desperately needs.

For right-minded people are well aware of the damage that this type of unruliness and disregard for rules have brought to so many aspects of the society.

And the last thing in the world we need to do is to affix an international stamp of approval to local slackness.

Good sportsmanship, the type that we want our youth to emulate, is just not compatible with sloppiness and weakness of character.

And while we believe in discretionary rule-bending to facilitate special circumstances, we don't believe that this particular spectacle qualified, or that what happened yesterday was in the best long-term interest of Jamaica's track and field.

But unfortunately that - at least from the perspective of those who are responsible for safeguarding our interests - does not seem to be the point.
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

There's a phrase in Jamaica - never see come see - that aptly applies to those who, having lived their lives in the jaded belief that they'd never make it big in life, simply cannot come to grips with reality when they do.

Who do they speak of ? This paper is on a vendetta of class ism .I find alot of cowardice in this article no author name but a brazen attempt to paint individuals in and with contempt, playing that card that Europeans wouldn't tolerate MVP actions because they are underprivileged black people begs the question does the author think they would not accept such behavior from white people ?

I am sure that the Americanization of Jamaicas television has exposed the author to how much Europeans will accept to achieve commercial success.

The author is either ignorant or and idiot , could be both anyway it doesn't look good.

The comedy to me is that now the JAAA are looking to impose sanctions , this should have been the 1st course of action by the JAAA not the last.Its what the europeans do when dealing with commercial success to enrich themselves and maintain order.

Obviously this wasnt the JAAA intention.

Idiots !

THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

when dem start gi di athlete's stipend dem can talk. I won't even lose sleep over theirthreat, i look forward to them getting embarrassed further more in court if this happens. My question is, why try to distract the athletes?

Back to di duppy bat whe right this article; The Observer is fill with Hacks, Hatchets, and Shovels.

This (toilet)paper is such a TOOL!
      Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
      Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
        This paper is on a vendetta of class ism
        Unnu ever check dem Page 2, di social page? You'd wonder if black people go out and enjoy demselves tuh. Simon Crosskill, yes, dah same high colour breddah, use to cuss dem bout it every day and dem mek a likkle effort fi throw een some black people every once in a while.

It's a sick, sorry excuse for a newspaper. It's no wonder Clovis can't help but depict the opposition leader as a ghetto gyal.

But hey, Butch probably employ more black people dan any odda person in Jamaica.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Could it be that what is being said is how the White Europeans might view us and that while they would not tolerate such behaviour from us they are willing to let this breach of ruls go to suit their own purposes???

Just saying...
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            Could it be that what is being said is how the White Europeans might view us and that while they would not tolerate such behaviour from us they are willing to let this breach of ruls go to suit their own purposes???

Just saying...
            After reading this editorial I am now more convinced that the JAAA is full of the typical Old boy crap. Your paper seems to think that those who went against the powers that be displayed a 'never see come see characteristic'. For your sake I hope they never see fit to apply that label to you. Good to know the plantation mentality is alive and well. Carry on.

Comment

I have a bigger problem with the never see come see comment than the underpriveleged reference.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That's how I read it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The whole tone is just...wrong!

Comment

Siccko

What is being said is what is being said , no way to spin it and even if we look at it from your point of view the fact is white Europeans see us as a commercial entity and tolerates our behavior in that they overruled the JAAA and we have yet to know that any rule was breached.

To answer your question yes , is it something new ? No.Why the implication that they wouldn't do it to their own ?Another question is would they make it an issue if it was their own ?

We all watch the international sports we see how professional organizations deal with issues.Teams , Coaches Individuals get fined for breaching protocol.You ban someone when they physically assault or get involved in a drug scheme.

To ban half your team for missing an event that the IAAF doesn't care about is psychotic , if they did wouldn't they enforce the ban.The IAAF sees the bigger picture the JAAA doesn't.

I have yet to see a high standard of journalism where proof can be substantiated that an email was sent and received by any party to confirm a written protocol was breached , just here-say and the result is a bias media fanning the flames of discontent .

Taking all what the JAAA says as gospel and even voicing a desire for punishment to these hurry come up nuh use to nutting underprivileged black people.

I believe the issue of sanctions was probably brought forward by the said IAAF as a means to carry on the show, question is why didn't the JAAA do this in the 1st place.

Why didn't they have the vision to set the tone by saying we will sanction at home, instead they want to take it to an international level of unprofessional behavior.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Newsletters are hardly ever concerned about "tone". They answer to organisations not to the people.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        I have a bigger problem with the never see come see comment than the underpriveleged reference.
                        Me too. I hope I conveyed that. That comment alone says a lot about them.

Comment

Working...
                        X