RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this is not funny by any stretch of the imagination...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is not funny by any stretch of the imagination...

i was so astounded by bolt's run that i watched the race about 10 times... slow motion... frame by frame... stride by stride... i had the benefit the favourable lane draw of the three key athletes side by side... what struck me is that bolt came out of the blocks the same time as gay and asafa... their first steps out of the blocks hit the track at the same time... the difference was bolt first step was a little further than both asafa and gay... for about ten strides their strides were identical but bolt was starting to leave them behind... he continued on that same pattern and the rest is history...

there is absolutely no way any person will be able to duplicate his 9.58 run... that person is not currently running track and field...

i could hear the sense of hopelessness in both tyson gay and asafa powell in the press conference... they both know that they will never be able to run that fast...

gay was confident but unrealistic... he thinks he can go that fast...

asafa was more realistic... he said he will have to go home and try to figure out how he can run 9.5...

interestingly enough, the person i thought was most realistic and honest in their assessment was richard thompson from trinidad...

he said, he will never get ahead of himself and say he could run that fast not after giving his best effort and still got beaten by half a second... he said bolt is unbelievable...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

It is basic physics.

Turn over rate and stride length.

6' 5" Men are being sought for exhaustive efforts as we speak..

Comment

I dont think height has anything to do with it , more legs turning over.Gay is shorter than Powell but his turnover was quicker.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

taller athlete means longer legs, usually. if the tall athlete can turn over as quickly as the short athlete - 9.58!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What if the smaller athlete can turnover quicker , i.e Ben Johnson vs Lewis . I believe that Johnson was another athlete that wasnt pushed to his limit.He was a 9.6 man .

Ben beat the field at 60 m and paced himself to a WR time.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well, as it is right now, Bolt does not turn over as quickly as Gay, maybe not even Asafa, but his longer legs make up for that slower revolution. You can just look on the race and see the relative blur of the legs.

So, forget my earlier post. Any day Bolt Bolt turns over as quickly as Tyson, he would have to activate a small parachute to come to a stop or there would have to be a small change in how stadia are designed to allow for some more runway to decelerate!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So we agree its all about leg turnover.

Comment

Well a combo his leg turnover is propotional to his height to run at the required pace for a WR , but what if he can increase it ....wow !

Comment

didn't say i didn't agree but you must realise though that the athlete with the fastest turnover is not necessarily the quickest. basically it comes down to how much ground is covered per turnover.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So good to know..and I thought it was my..looks.

Comment

Well.. I can recommend an optometrist for that problem..

Comment

Working...
                      X