Usain Bolt receives $450 million contract offer from the Rai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usain Bolt receives $450 million contract offer from the Rai

World's fastest man Usain Bolt will be able to cash in on his new world record 9.58-second 100m if he so chooses, thanks to a 2-year, $450 million contract he was offered personally by Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis. "I never heard of these Raiders, and I don't know anything about American football," said Bolt. "But $450 million is a lot of money to turn down. I could easily return to sprinting in two years in time for the Olympics. I'm just a bit hesitant to sign because this Mr. Davis sounded a little bit crazy on the phone." Davis says inking Bolt to the contract, which would put the Raiders over the salary cap several times over, is a great value. "I signed Darrius Heyward-Bey to a $23.5 million contract and he can't really play football either," said Davis. "And this Usain is significantly faster. So he would be appropriately slotted in our team salary structure."

Categories: None
    “Pele should go back to the museum,” Maradona

Usain you have no idea...Al Davis is bat-5hit crazy..but hey I would do a Reynaldo Nehemia (sic) take the money and run...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

I know this is a joke, but thank goodness T&F has gone fully professional and sprinters do not have to consider options like the NFL to make a living.
      I still remember when the hurdler Renaldo Nehemiah left T&F to a career as a less than average football player, and before that others like Bob Hayes who were more successful.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Was never the same hurdler when he came back though.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
        X