• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Consistent Sprinters!

12th IAAF World Championships
    Most Consistent Athletes (2007-09)

Usain Bolt
    2008: 100-meter gold medalist (WR) (Olympic Games, Beijing)
    2009: 100-meter gold medalist (WR) (IAAF World Championships, Berlin)

Shelly-Ann Fraser
    2008: 100-meter gold medalist (WL) (Olympic Games, Beijing)
    2009: 100-meter gold medalist (WL) (IAAF World Championships, Berlin)

Kerron Stewart
    2008: 100-meter silver medalist (Olympic Games, Beijing)
    2009: 100-meter silver medalist (IAAF World Championships, Berlin)

Carmelita Jeter
    2007: 100-meter bronze medalist (IAAF World Championships, Osaka)
    2009: 100-meter bronze medalist (IAAF World Championships, Berlin)

Asafa Powell
    2007: 100-meter bronze medalist (IAAF World Championships, Osaka)
    2009: 100-meter bronze medalist (IAAF World Championships, Berlin)

Marc Burns
    2008: 100-meter seventh place finisher (Olympic Games, Beijing)
    2009: 100-meter seventh place finisher (IAAF World Championships, Berlin)

Darvis “Doc” Patton
    2008: 100-meter eighth place finisher (Olympic Games, Beijing)
    2009: 100-meter eighth place finisher (IAAF World Championships, Berlin)

LOL! Cruel....
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

LOL

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      LOL! Cruel....
      Sickko, I couldn’t help compiling this list after watching my tape of Darvis Patton in the 100-meter race on Sunday, in particular his attitude at the start (and comparing this with his attitude at the starting line last year).

Comment

funny
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
          Darvis “Doc” Patton
          2008: 100-meter eighth place finisher (Olympic Games, Beijing)
          2009: 100-meter eighth place finisher (IAAF World Championships, Berlin)

That was not cool, Historian!

HL, come look yah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

it speaks to his consistency! unless is mek up historian a mek up facts!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It's true, Gamma

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              it speaks to his consistency! unless is mek up historian a mek up facts!
              Gamma, under normal circumstances (that is, in my every day life) I don’t lie. Making up facts is the same as lying, boss. Plus, what would be the sense of doing something so stupid, as the consistencies I listed above can be easily researched. In my case, I depended, as usual, on my dependable videotapes .

Can you, in your position as moderator, please delete the thread I started below, “Photos: Enjoy, My People!” There is nothing in my post as I couldn’t get the photos to show. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Poor Doc!
                ...and let's see what VCB can do!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  Gamma, under normal circumstances (that is, in my every day life) I don’t lie. Making up facts is the same as lying, boss. Plus, what would be the sense of doing something so stupid, as the consistencies I listed above can be easily researched. In my case, I depended, as usual, on my dependable videotapes .

Can you, in your position as moderator, please delete the thread I started below, “Photos: Enjoy, My People!” There is nothing in my post as I couldn’t get the photos to show. Thanks in advance.
                  Thread gone, boss!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

doc widout "patience" need to be in anedda profession!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      doc widout "patience" need to be in anedda profession!!!
                      I suppose we could say to him, "it's time...."!

Comment

Shericka Williams!

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        Thread gone, boss!
                        Thanks very much, Karl. I appreciate it.

Here’s another excellent (and most welcome) addition to my list of “Most Consistent Sprinters”:

Shericka Williams
                        2008: 400-meter silver medalist (Olympic Games, Beijing)
                        2009: 400-meter silver medalist (IAAF World Championships, Berlin)

I am so proud of Shericka! After Lorraine Graham-Fenton retired a few years back, I was a bit down as I didn’t immediately see anyone who I felt would adequately take her place. For a short while I pinned my hopes on Novlene Williams, but look who has emerged as the next Lorraine!! Little could I have guessed a few years back that this small, slim girl “Wire Wire” would have turned out to be the next great Jamaican quarter-miler!!

Much respect, Shericka, and also to your exceptional coach Stephen Francis!

Comment

Franno told us this years ago, back when he posted at the Carib forum.

Comment

Down Memory Lane

I’m taking a walk down memory lane here.

Comment

Working...
                            X