X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I was beaten but expect something special in relay' - Kerro

JamaicaObserver.com
    Posted: 8/18/2009 12:01:02 PM

WORLD Championships 100 metre silver medallist Kerron Stewart is warning Jamaican track fans of a special performance by the relay team on Saturday, reports JIS.

Speaking after she and compatriot Shelly-Ann Fraser won silver and gold respectively in the individual sprint final, Stewart said that she left ‘everything’ on the track and was happy for her teammate.

She said that the 4x100 metres team recognised that they had to make up for the Olympic Games in Beijing last year when they dropped the baton.

"Great things, it's gonna be special...we have to make make up for the Olympics so expect anything," she said.

The women's relay heats and finals will be run on the same day.

Jamaica’s Technical Leader in Berlin, Donald Quarrie said the team had not yet been selected. He said he was sure however, that any combination fielded would not only win gold, but set a new world record.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    JamaicaObserver.com
    Posted: 8/18/2009 12:01:02 PM

WORLD Championships 100 metre silver medallist Kerron Stewart is warning Jamaican track fans of a special performance by the relay team on Saturday, reports JIS.

Speaking after she and compatriot Shelly-Ann Fraser won silver and gold respectively in the individual sprint final, Stewart said that she left ‘everything’ on the track and was happy for her teammate.

She said that the 4x100 metres team recognised that they had to make up for the Olympic Games in Beijing last year when they dropped the baton.

"Great things, it's gonna be special...we have to make make up for the Olympics so expect anything," she said.

The women's relay heats and finals will be run on the same day.

Jamaica’s Technical Leader in Berlin, Donald Quarrie said the team had not yet been selected. He said he was sure however, that any combination fielded would not only win gold, but set a new world record.
    Can the Jamaican ladies really beat that East German record that has been there since around 1985?!? Di whole a dem girl deh did drug out! The USA has come close but that also included a drugged out Marion Jones.

I think we can do it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Definitely doable, but will require better than average baton changes.

Even with the druggists, I don't think any of those East German teams had 3 athletes under 10.90, and two well under 10.80.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
      X