RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nine G's would have won this champs in the world's eyes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine G's would have won this champs in the world's eyes!!

We did a phenomenal job, to the point where we were a few breaks short of winning the gold medal competition and the whole enchilada as far as I and the rest of the world is concerned.

1. VCB winning the 200 would have us at 8 and the US at 9.
    2. Women's 4*400 with two finalists under 50, and two 400 hurdles finalists we should have competed and stretched the US and possibly win that gold, that would have made us 9 and take away that one from the US would have been 8.

Could have happened with a lot of luck, etc we got a lot of luck Foster Hylton winning was definitely an unforseen greak break and if that race was run five more times she probably would not win again. But this was the one chance we had to win the whole thing.

I hope the JAAA sees the light and realize that all issues must be brought to the forefront early, they need a man who is committed to taking care of Franno, we cannot afford for Franno to be put on the outside, Franno is the Jamaican Terrel Owens you have got to take care of him up front and not let the issue become a confrontational one at the last moment.

We are hot right now and we must build the team and ride the horse that we have now, for the next champs to compete for at least 10 golds that is what it will take to at least compete and win the whole thing which must be the goal within the next 10 years.

Very Good Post, But....

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    I hope the JAAA sees the light and realize that all issues must be brought to the forefront early, they need a man who is committed to taking care of Franno, we cannot afford for Franno to be put on the outside, Franno is the Jamaican Terrel Owens you have got to take care of him up front and not let the issue become a confrontational one at the last moment.

We are hot right now and we must build the team and ride the horse that we have now, for the next champs to compete for at least 10 golds that is what it will take to at least compete and win the whole thing which must be the goal within the next 10 years.
    Stonigut, hearing some comments over the past year, I get the impression that some people believe that our dominance started in Beijing last year. It did not!

Just last night I reviewed some of my videotape recordings from the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Australia, and trust me when I say that that was the beginning of our present dominance. At the 2006 Commonwealth Games, we became the first country in the history of those games to win a gold medal in EVERY sprint event! Our performance there in the sprints was even more dominant than Beijing in the sense that we also won the 100-meter and 110-meter hurdles in Australia.

A dropped baton in the women’s 4x400-meter relay (which we were leading by a good margin) prevented us from cleaning up three of the four relays. Of course, our men’s 4x400-meter program was even back then in shambles (worse today as winning that event even at the Carifta Games level is a challenge these days).

Of course, our Commonwealth Games performance was followed up with an outstanding performance in Osaka in 2007 (surpassed only by Berlin 2009), although the gold medals did not start pouring in until the following year in Beijing as well as this past week in Berlin.

I say all of this, Stonigut, to say that our problems should have been ironed out long ago!! The chaos that reportedly happened in Berlin should not have happened, because we didn’t just arrive at this dominant position in August 2009!!!

Boss, you spoke of luck, and so I’m going to wish you, me and all of Jamaica luck, because we’re going to need lots of luck for the JAAA and our archaic Ministry of Sports to “see the light”. I’m not getting on any anti-JAAA bandwagon here, but the mere fact that that organization can be so stuck in its own backwardness as not to realize that the name “Jamaica Amateur Athletics Association” is actually irrelevant in this age of growing professional Jamaican athletes says a great deal about the JAAA!

As for me, I would be pleasantly surprised – very, very surprised – if we repeated or even improved on our achievements when 2011 rolls around. So, I’ll simply enjoy as much as I can these “fifteen minutes”, because if we (the JAAA and the Ministry of Sports) haven’t gotten it right since the 2006 Commonwealth Games and put our house in order by now, will we ever get it?

Comment

Good points, I am just now learning more and more about the JAAA. I have a bredrin that used to run for Jamaica that I highly respect, if him tell me the sky is green I would ask olive or dark! He was telling me his JAAA horror stories and I was really surprised. I not sure how the members get on the committee or how it works, the JFF structure seems transparent in my mind compared to the JAAA, but maybe that is because I don't know. and we all follow the JFF every move so closely.

What I do know is that JAAA as the leader of Jakan track need to understand who their key stakeholders are and make sure everybody is "****************ing outside the tent" and not inside and on everyone else, as what has happened here in Berlin. I believe Franno have a big role in this too but JAAA is the leader and they must set the tone and if that wasn't done ahead of time, face to face and follow up with email and calls etc then shame on them.

Franno must have a strong role in wha ah gwan but he cannot be the main decision maker at a national level, everybody cannot be swaying on which way his breeze decides to blow today, if that is how he wants it then we go the hardcore route but I cannot believe that is the case and JAAA must set the framework and agressively bring him into the fold by whatever means necessary.

I saw what happened in the Commonwelath games and did take note of that performance however without the US there it is never quite the same and we now see they have massive holes in their operation, they are not who we thought they were (Coach Green ) they have what seems to e a very fractured organization that has seemingly performed well from afar without little competition, but now we see that that camp may be even more fragmented that ours, apparently many did not even know what leg they were going to run just an hour or two before the race. We can see that weakness and build on that as one of our strengths. The current JAAA organization it seems to me that all of this success is more something that has dropped into their lap, than any well thought out, executed plan on their part.

BTW I really like your very structured, well organized, tight posts, I really need to aspire to be better at spell checking etc etc, but I am more of a point A to point B and post.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Stoni_G,

While I agree that a greater medal (Gold) haul would have ranked us first as that is how these things are done, I much prefer the "placing table" method as a measure of how we performed as a TEAM. Follow the link to see the table.
        http://berlin.iaaf.org/results/placing/index.html

Had we "swapped" two of our silvers for two of their golds, all else being equal, they (USA) still would have won the overall placings by a wide margin. Their team has more depth so where their sprinters fell off the others took up the slack. Now nobody really pays the above-linked table much attention but I like it as it does indicate that we did have many athletes making a final even if they did not win a medal.

Anyway, what we need is to do is see how we can maintain what we have achieved and how to improve in the areas where we fell down. I would also like to see us expand more in the field events, so that even if we are not on the podium (for now) we will have athletes making the semis and finals.
        Peter R

Comment

Ahhhh,

You finally get it!

My athletics contact have been telling me stuff from as far back as 1989.

I think you now understand why there is a rebellion going on.

I agree with your overall approach for compromise, but I dont hold my breath.

Do you want a nincompoop at work as your boss, when you are the main producer? This is only an analogy, but there is a grain of truth there.

Comment

Thanks, Boss

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
            BTW I really like your very structured, well organized, tight posts, I really need to aspire to be better at spell checking etc etc, but I am more of a point A to point B and post.

Keep up the good work!
            Thank you for the compliment, Stonigut. It’s well appreciated .

In your case, your comments are always strong, relevant and valid, and I always read your posts. If I have a complaint, it’s that you don’t post often enough.

Comment

I agree fully from a purist standpoint, that it is like a real boys champs etc point tally, however I was more in the topping of the gold chase from a proaganda standpoint and bragging rights standpoint, this could be used as fodder for a host of arguments I will have on this issue with numerous Yanks over the next few years, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Thank you too sir, time is always the issue and my wife gives me a hard time every time she sees me on this site!!! Can you believe that!

Comment

Working...
                X