RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or does Sanya winning just irk you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or does Sanya winning just irk you!

I am not sure what it is but when Sanya wins I just feel upset and bothered, I never felt that way with Bailey or Christie or even Mason (silver) or even Ennis whose father is Jamaican, it actually makes me fell pretty good in those other cases, but Sanya really gets to me, maybe is true I like her deep down and her rejecting Jamaica is like she rejected me or maybe it is the way she really preens and talks about her Ross boy with that valley girl talk and fully embraces the things non-Jamaican if you know what I mean.

LOL! Stonigut After all those mutual compliments between you and Historian and then you post this! Expect some harsh words on this from him!

Anyway, personally I have no beef with Sanya. I was happy for her when she finally won her individual gold. I consider her a great talent with a charming personality who for whatever reason is representing the country where she has lived her entire adult life.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Brederin, I write about the things I feel passionate about and this is just more of a little joke bizniz but as with all jokes a little truth is in there as well. I will tell you that is the way I feel everytime I see her run and talk about it, it just make me feel bad, however I must say seeing her parents, especially her father made me feel a lot better, there is no doubt whey him come from.

Comment

mi feel the same way too...inna mi heart mi feel seh mi unreasonabe suh das why mi nuh seh nutten!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I felt the same way too about not saying anything, but I felt like I would put it out there and see what others think or was my reaction something very personal.

Comment

I hear you and yes her parents look very Jamaican, so since the story is that it was her parents who encouraged her to switch to the US, what does that say?

Years ago there was a 400m hurdler named Sandra Farmer Patrick who ran for JA before swithcing to the US when she beame a real medal contender. At the time I was younger, living in JA and totally ****************ed with her decision, but in an interview I heard her she explain about the financial assistance she was getting since she switched and to paraphrase Chris Rock, I'm not saying I would have made that decision, but I understood. So that is always the incident I remember when situations like Sanya come up.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

there is one big difference.

Everytime Sanya win a Jamaica come second.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i remember her too ...mostly i remember her affected american accent...i think that is what got to me ... she acted like she was ashamed of her jamaican accent and heritage...maybe she had to PROVE her allegiance...whatever....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

What is the real story with Sanya Richards? I heard that she wanted to run for Jamaica as a junior but was living in Florida and her parents could not afford to send her so she asked JAAA to help with a ticket and they said no. Is is true or not? Sicko over to you?
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

i think its just you... lol... sanya is a good girl... i always root for her when she is not running against a jamaican... she running for the usa had nothing to do with her... that was a decision made by one of her parents when she was still a minor... she has never turned her back on jamaica or denied her jamaican heritage... in fact, she has consistently supported jamaica financially and otherwise while representing the usa... a lot more so than many jamaicans who have similar means...

respect to sanya richards everytime...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Awright Baddaz, I have to trust your judgement on that, is just me and Gamma hanging out on the far end. Suh it guh some times.

Comment

Sanya is Jakan to the bone. i get this from people who know the family.

However, they made their decision and any time she goes up against the B-G-G, fyah bun.

If she is not threatening our medal count, then I wish her well as a Jakan and all. I feel that way about all defectors. LoL

I am also happy that she got the monkey off her back, as she has too much talent to get such poor results.

Comment

All Baddaz said was true, but still fyah bun when she goes up against Jamaica! LoL

Comment

like mi seh...mi know it might unreasonable but....mi nuh want har fi win against the BG&G.

Comment

Nutten wrong with that! Assasin made an excellent point, the 2 times she won in Berlin, JA came second. Better if she was a hammer thrower! Her being in the same races where we are gold medal contenders does complicate things.

Still, just as a T&F fan I did want her to win a major championship at some point. She has been at the top of her game for many years now and certainly is a deserving champion.

Comment

Working...
                              X