i think jamaica should make a bid to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think jamaica should make a bid to

host the 2013 world championship... i think our accomplishments, passion for athletics and the popularity of our athletes could see us winning a bid...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

we would have some work to do infrastructure wise but it would be very ambitious move and one that we should certainly investigate!

so far they tend to use olympic sites.....because of capacity staium sets what, 35K? not enough...the olympic stadion seats upwards of 70k

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Dont have enough stadium seats, not enough hotel rooms in Kingston to accomodate all the athletes, officials volunteers etc...

But every time we go to an IAAF event we get questions as to why Jamaica does not host another WJC or WYC- the IAAF people still talk about 2002 with awe and they still marvel that our passion in track and field to the point where people were jumping over high walls to get in...
      this might be the first time a sports' world governing body did not do a thumbs down on people jumping walls.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

I think our 100% support of such an event would make up for the lack of seats. i believe the staidum would be sold out every single day. surely, there were times when the Stadion was not full.

i think we should go for it! but certainly, that was why Babsy was there down to the closing ceremony, lobbying to host the games!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ha ha ha...I heard Babsy on TV last night saying ner delegation was just TWO persons- herself and Dawn and the others were there on their own money; she also says the Tourism Minister had just two people there as well...poor babsy she maybe think all of us think like the voters in West Kingston.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

I saw her with a red lanyard on TV last night, so she seems to have her accreditation now. Maybe a poster here sent her one?

Comment

The woman was there for the entire meet! Never seen this before. I guess when she did meet with her counterparts it must have been some late evening meeting after the day's events, because she was no different than the hundreds of spectators rushing to the barriers to get a piece of Bolt and the rest.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A US based reporter topld me when she rushed to hugh Bolt and Asafa after the 100m final, a security guard blocked her path and she stepped back and looked at him and told him in no uncertain manner that she is the Minister of Sports in Jamaica.

Maybe he did not speak English as he pointed to the board with the list of credentials that allowed you in that area and shrugged...

maybe the PNP led JAAA did finally get her some paper works as she was seen on TV in the stands a lot of times or maybe she is just being a good politician and preffered to be with her people
                Che Guevara.

Comment

she did look like some poor ting in di cornah trying to get in di videolight. she probably did try bumrush Bolt modda to get at him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

She is a photo hog and makes the likes of Al Shapton look shy in comparison, every where she goes she travels with her own photo people or send her minnions to tell photographers to come take her photos.

We are still waiting for the sports policy and even a word on when the catherine hall complex will be finished and when it will officially be opened.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Big mouth Tracey did a piece on her after the Olympics last year...it was so darn funny.

A which color medal da one yah win? lol lol lol lol

She was sitting the in convertible waving madly at her adoring fans. lol lol

I love Jamaica!

Comment

Ha ha ha....that was funny that she actually put herself in a convertible when she should have been spending more time on the fiasco that they called celebrations.

I agree with Dickie Crawford that our celebrations of our athletes should not be an upportunity for some to make money.

Up to now there was no clear and acceptable explanation from the Minister of sports how hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent last year.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

when i learnt that 400k people turned up for the games in berlin, i think that we could come close to that...

like you said our 100 support of the event would make up for the lack of seats...

there are ample hotel accomodations in kingston & st andrew...

if we could host a commonwealth games and a youth games we can host a world championship t&f games...

there would be a boom in tourism dollars for the economy...

i strongly believe we should make a bid...

Comment

infracstructure work to so yes... that is part and parcel with any such games but that would create jobs for people too...

yes the capacity could be an issue but i dont believe it would be the end all or a sole determination of a decision to grant the bid...

40-45k every day should still be considered relatively successful... the athmosphere would be electric and i think the iaaf would welcoming of that being showcased to the world...

Comment

It could work. Our primary thrust should be to seek the financing of tearing down and rebuilding the National Stadium. How long is the ride in from Ochi? Designate to roads along that route to ticket holders or into one way traffic. Of course clean up Kingston. If SA can host the WC with their high crime level, then we should be able to do it with proper planning.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X