Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt makes frontpage of Sports Illustrated

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...9481/index.htm
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Excellent article! And a big deal to make the cover of SI!!!

Sass, Bolt a di biggest ting in America, as you predicted!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Glen Mills is cantankerous? didn't like the artickle, they spent as much time talking about Marion Jones as they spoke about Bolt.
      Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
      Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

There is a jinx associated with the cover of SI.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

American athletes don't think it is so much of a big deal to be on the cover of SI...ever heard of the SI cover jinx?

It is uncanny that a great percentage of athletes who appear on the cover of SI experience a sharp decline in performance after wards.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Not only America.

SI is published worldwide. Only Oprah show left now.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mills is actually a surly man who doesn't really like the press but has mellowed some what with age.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

so the American obeah a go work?

We have fi go wake up the Trelawny Maroon them.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

SI might be published worldwide but I hardly see it as some respectable journal of popular sports. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Too much American sports!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well it does have it readers. I don't look to SI for sports credibility(what does the swimwear edition have to do with sports) but they do have their readers who are not necessarily traditional sports fans.

Comment

agree... well written article... the tim montgomery, marion jones references are justified and balanced... there is still skepticism... it is the reality... still, bolt gets a favorable coverage...
                      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                        There is a jinx associated with the cover of SI.
                        Yup !! I cringed when I saw that he is on the cover. Not a good omen at all.
                        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

that is another urban legand that bolt will smash...(him too tall to sprint)

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Sass, Bolt a di biggest ting in America, as you predicted!
                            One would think. Too bad his picture was nowhere on ESPN's front page when he smashed the 200M WR. There was a hyperlink to the story in the sports headlines.

Comment

Jinx!? What Jinx!? I guess this is the only thing left for America to try against the great Jamaican. I could just hear them now..."If our American athletes can't beat him, how about we try and jinx him maybe that can work...Oh yes let's put him on the cover of SI and while they will be happy they won't have any idea what we are trying to do. But they didn't know that Bolt will also shatter all myths too!!! To di Worl mi seh!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X