X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JADCO drags feet - Athletes suffer- This is cruelty

http://www.trackalerts.com/?p=2896

Brooks’ manager accuses Doping Agency of having vendetta against athlete

Posted by admin on Aug 24th, 2009 and filed under Featured. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry from your site

MONTREAL – Kris Mychasiw, manager of embattled Jamaican athlete Sheri-Ann Brooks, has accused the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) of having a personal vendetta against his athlete.

Below is Mychasiw’s entire statement
    "Today is August 24th, almost a month since Sheri-Ann turned up a positive test, what I have a hard time understanding is why things are taking so long to move ahead so we can get some closure on this file and move forward. As you know Sheri-Ann is a very strong athlete who always has a presence at the meets she is in always finishing top 5 regardless of the fields."

"I was just informed that JADCO is once again appealing the result of her last hearing that cleared her of all doping infractions for three reasons, 1) the substance she tested for is not on the banned substance list 2) JADCO did not properly inform her or myself of the location and time that her B sample would be tested and lastly, 3)How her name along with the others was leaked to the media before the testing of the B samples. I found out well before we were offiicially notified.

"I live in Montreal where the World Anti-Doping headquarters are found and from what I gather that is where all the 5 athletes in questions had their B samples tested. Had Sheri-Ann, her coach or myself been notified of the time, I would have more readily made myself available to be there to supervise the testing. I have been Sheri-Ann’s agent for 3 seasons now and know both her and her coach very well to the point I consider them part of my family. I know that she would not take anything illegal to enhance her performance or that would put her career in jeopardy, as track and field is her sole means of revenue.

"All of these appeals that JADCO continues to bring forth are becoming tiresome and repetitive. At the end of the day, JADCO did not follow the protocol and Sheri-Ann should not be penalized for their incompetencies. The newest appeal will be heard early next week and with this news, I now have to once again cancel a meet that she was confirmed at resulting once again in lost revenue. Sheri-ann has complied with all the requests and has worked very closely with the JAAA in clearing up this matter to the extent that within 3 hours of the phone call notifying her of the positive test, flight tickets were issued in order to rectify this situation before worlds… The JAAA has been very supportive in all of this and we cannot thank them enough for everything that they have done.

google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
    "Further, because of the ongoing appeals, Sheri-Ann missed out on an opportunity to race for Jamaica in both the 100m and the 4×100m something that she has done over the years with the utmost pride. She has always been a very proud Jamaican and has given the Country her best when it counts. It is unfortunate for her right now that these proceedings are taking so long, as she is currently ranked number 5 on the World Athletics tour finals and we require one more golden league level meet to solidify her spot, but meet directors are skeptical until the situation officially clears.

"I feel as though JADCO (Jamaican Anti-Doping) has a personal vendetta for my client and are going to the extreme to ensure that she does not race for the remainder of the season. Enough is enough, they must take onus for their mistakes and officially clear her so that she can continue to run in the sport she loves for her the best sprint nation in the world."

Professor Erroll Morrison, chairman of JADCO, emphatically refuted Mychasiw claim.

"Absolutely not," Morrison said.
    "We don’t have anything against anybody," he added, while explaining they are just following the directive of parent body World Anti-doping Agency (WADA).

Under scrutiny
    "If we don’t do it right here, we are under the scrutiny of the world, if we don’t do it right here, the first thing you are going to hear is that we are protecting our athletes and if we do that, we have a bigger issue at stake," he said.

"We just want to make sure that we are as rigorous as possible, doing the thing according to the guidelines. Contrary to anybody who thinks that we have a vendetta, we are protecting them … it’s protection in the long run," added Proffesor Morrison.

Morrison said they appealed Brook’s clearance because the method on which the appeal panel freed them was not the best way.
    Last edited by Karl; August 27, 2009, 10:02 AM.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Time do you have any idea how long these things take, and give that we just had the WCA.

JADCO snet off their report long time and it is now up to IAAF...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      Time do you have any idea how long these things take, and give that we just had the WCA.

JADCO snet off their report long time and it is now up to IAAF...

No, I am not a expert like you

What I understood was that they were supposed meet last week Monday and the IAAF promised to give decision by the next day Tuesday so that they could complete in the WC Relays (if they were cleared.) For some reason they never met last Monday. I hope that the IAAF still gives it priority despite the fact that the WC is over. Guility or not guilly, they deserve to know ASAP.

Please lets us know as soon as you hear anything.
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Spoke to a few people today but not hearing anything concrete yet
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Typical Jamaica half a$$ed bureaucracy.........

suh it go Time
          Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
          Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Working...
          X