No announcement yet.

dennis johnson... jamaican sprinter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circa late 70's early 80's... a brethren of mine - a high Jumper..he converted to a sprinter....boy mi use to run leff all de time...got a track schol. went to the US ...it paid for him through college and his masters...still there...yu tink seh a now mi involve in track and field???
    You would know...I met this beautiful young lady that wa straining in Gainesville, Florida, USA...a bout a year ago..Sinclair? 8oom I think...what's with her?

Comment

You tell me, you know the deal that is Ms Kenia Sinclair, i had a lot of hope for her but with the young Kenyan girl and now the strong South African woman there is no chance unles you running under 1:55 or at least 1:56, Kenia best time is probably 1:57 whole heap.

Comment

DJ is the one that brought the Winters Philosophy to JamDung. Mills and Franno (and DJ before them)have improved on aspects of it.

Franno told me that he learned lots from Mills and gave Mills lots of pointers too. The coaching fraternity shares a LOT of info between themselves.

Comment

Thanks.

Here was my confusion:

Electronic timing (from 1977)
          From 1975, the IAAF accepted separate automatically electronically timed records for events up to 400 metres. Starting January 1, 1977, the IAAF required fully automatic timing to the hundredth of a second for these events.[1]

Comment

1:57.88 I think.

Comment

willi... for the record, i am not in anyway putting down franno nor dj to big up mills... also, i was only relating what my friend had told me... shoot, i dont even think i had started basic school back den

yes, to your point and perhaps i should have included in the post, my friend had told me that it was dennis johnson who brought bud winters to jamaica and introduced him to mills and other coaches... lol... did you know that bud winters went to jamaica to coach... again, i got this from my friend... suh even quarrie, raymond stewart and de ressa c-down sprintaz dem a get bud winters training from lang time...

to firm up a point... mi respect mills, franno, dennis johnson and hope they all can come together for the greater good and share their knowledge wid other coaches suh the sprint factory can continue to churn out more sprintaz and athletes...

big up willi... iz all about jamaica...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Yeah, I know.

I heard all this from a Winters disciple.

Comment

Working...
                X