RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeter looking like the real deal 10.67 in slight neg wind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeter looking like the real deal 10.67 in slight neg wind.

That is a season ending statement, next year will be hottt!!

Looks like Jeter gets bothered when the pressure gets real hot though?! Like in World Champs. US trials etc.

She will be a danger to all next season

Comment

True dat.

Hell of a run, but all will step up. When SS gets back to form and VC is uninjured during training...

Comment

The USA should now pressue IAAA to declare it a world record

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
        That is a season ending statement, next year will be hottt!!

Looks like Jeter gets bothered when the pressure gets real hot though?! Like in World Champs. US trials etc.
        Yes - SAF & KS aree big race girls.

I have an idea. If they scrap Flo Jo 10.49 (1988) and Marion Jones 10.65 (1998) times then I believe that Jetter would have the world record.

This is the right time for the USA to ask IAAF to scrap those two times since the USA would still have the record.

Jamaica and France would also get on the books, so everybdoy should be happy.

Shelly Ann Fraser 10.73 (2009)
        Christime Arrom 10.73 (1998)
        Otter 10.74 (1996)
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

We Should Have Seen This?

Originally posted by Time View Post
          Yes - SAF & KS aree big race girls.

I have an idea. If they scrap Flo Jo 10.49 (1988) and Marion Jones 10.65 (1998) times then I believe that Jetter would have the world record.

This is the right time for the USA to ask IAAF to scrap those two times since the USA would still have the record.

Jamaica and France would also get on the books, so everybdoy should be happy.

Shelly Ann Fraser 10.73 (2009)
          Christime Arrom 10.73 (1998)
          Otter 10.74 (1996)
          A month or so ago, I spent much time smiling at the counter-comments and ridicule aimed my way after I predicted that Carmelita Jeter would win the silver medal in Berlin. I was incorrect, of course, as all she got was a bronze, but when the day comes that we here on the Reggae Boyz Forum understand the necessity of stepping back from nationalistic inclinations and look at things objectively, then we will be prone to less surprises.

Everyone has their failure on the big stage at times, including Kerron Stewart who is actually worse than Jeter in this respect as Kerron “failed” (in terms of not winning) in two consecutive big meets. Jeter’s was in Berlin with a poor start. I just posted the major stats for Carmelita Jeter above (inside this thread).

Remember that next year is the tentative dual meets between the USA and Jamaica. We’ll see what happens then.
          Last edited by Historian; September 13, 2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Oh, So Now We Realize? (lol)

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
            She will be a danger to all next season
            Yes, she damn well will be, although she already was somewhat of a danger this season! Here are the major wins that I have for Carmelita Jeter this season (not including the USA trials):

1. Addidas Track Classic (back in May)
            2. Reebok Grand Prix (also in May)
            3. The Prefontaine Classic
            4. The Aviva London Grand Prix
            5. The Zurich Super Grand Prix
            6. The Aviva British Grand Prix
            7. The Memorial Van Damm Super Grand Prix

Comment

But.... Did We Expect This?

Originally posted by Historian View Post
              Remember that next year is the tentative dual meets between the USA and Jamaica. We’ll see what happens then.
              Having sung Carmelita Jeter’s praises on one or two occasions (I always thought that she was an outstanding competitor as in tough fighter), I must admit that even I never got any hint of this 10.67 performance, at least not this year!! And into a negative headwind!

A 10.8 performance in the final meet would have been, whether we like it or not, somewhat expected. This 10.67 is still such a shocker that I feel compelled to sign back in and post her seasons’ best progression for the past several years:

2008: 10.97 (Eugene, Oregon)
              2007: 11.02 (Osaka, Japan)
              2006: 11.48 (LA, California)

Comment

Well...she's a bit late with this.....fast time though..

Comment

I don't know what Historian is going on about!? Foster Hylton is also winning everything and no one even had her for the worlds.

Is he saying that somehow these good runs proves his silver medal prediction?!?! I'm lost.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yeah...and Gay won the 100m

Comment

Working...
                    X