Shelly-Ann Fasier asking for welfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelly-Ann Fasier asking for welfare

atleast she added the private in her call. Di Waterhouse mind set still stuck inna har. I thought Franno was a marketing genious? I have to re-evaluate him.
    -
    Fraser makes call for support

Published: Thursday | September 17, 2009

Anthony Foster, Gleaner Writer

Fraser

World and Olympic 100-metre champion Shelly-Ann Fraser has called on government officials and the private sector to step up their contribution to sports to ensure Jamaica's success continues at the international level.

Fraser, who along with Michael Frater, a member of Jamaica's 4x100m winning team, and 400m hurdles finalist Kaliese Spencer, returned to the island yesterday.

"... Sports is the only thing that brings everybody together," Fraser said at a brief reception to welcome home the athletes, which was held in the lounge of the Norman Manley International Airport.

She made the plea to members of the head table, which included Minister of Sports, Olivia 'Babsy' Grange, who greeted the athletes saying: "Welcome home our son and daughters."

President of the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association, Howard Aris, and David Mais, chairman of government agency Sports Development Foundation, were also in attendance.

Fraser urged them to " ... continue to support Jamaica's track and field team. I think we have set the stage for something glorious for our country, which has not happened for years.

"As a nation we have struggled before to find our place and we have finally found it because of our hard work and patience," said Fraser. "Continue to work hard and to do the best you can for the sport, especially for the young athletes coming up.

"To the sponsors, continue to support the athletes," added Fraser.

Commenting on her season, which ended with a second place finish at the World Athletics Final last Saturday, Fraser said: "This year has been really rough because I had my appendix removed. I thought it was basically over for me (after surgery) ... I was like, how am I going to come back from that? I was told not to lift weights for two months and I can't manage not to lift weights for two months because that's where my strength comes from," she explained.

AIM achieved

Despite the setback, which included a hamstring injury, Fraser said her aim of winning the world title was achieved.

Meanwhile, Frater, who dropped out at the semi-finals stage of the men's 100m, said, "this season was up and down".

"I did not have a perfect season. I don't think it was a good season as I had last year, but it's a part of the game," Frater said.

"I had anticipated doing a lot better than I did last year. I had personal goals that weren't accomplished," he noted.
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Come on Yuttie...she wasn't begging anything only inpsiring others to support the sport...nutten wrong wit dat!

Comment

entities chase investment boss, not investment chasing entities. Last time her module was followed the credit market crashed last year. Bad example for weaker upcomming clubs.
      Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
      Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

I thought Rockerfeller Republicans were extinct but like the Tasmanian Tiger maybe they are using genetic engineering to bring them back !
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

heehee

Comment

Surely this is tongue in cheek, you cant be this daft, tell me you are trying to make a joke?

So Francis is a coaching genuis, finanicial wiz and a marketing genius as well?

Maybe he will soon discover a diet that really works.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

He's also great at journalism.

Jamaican media missed out on it's saviour.

Comment

Maybe you should sign up for his comprehension classes as well..
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

yozeet

Comment

Working...
                  X