Reported $100million contract offer is bogus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reported $100million contract offer is bogus

A lot of bogus news have been floating around the athlete including offers to run in Asia for US$500,000. My info is that it was more than the standard $250K but not as high as $500K.

Here is what his management had to say today re the US$100million from China...

The Usain Bolt Management team has seen reported in the media, a statement attributed to Ajani Williams representing Anza Marketing Group (AMG) about an offer emanating from China for Usain Bolt.

The Management completely disassociates itself from any approach that AMG may have made to the Chinese company which is reported to have made a lucrative offer. The Management wishes to make it clear that it respects the terms of the valid contract which it has with Puma, which terms, restricts the Management to have any direct contact with a competitor of Puma, the Shoe Contract Sponsor, until after 2010 when the present contract ends.

Furthermore, after 2010, Puma will have the right to match any offer which is received. While AMG has since 2008 been the exclusive Agent of Usain Bolt in China, no meaningful complying offer has been raised by AMG from this very lucrative market since Usain Bolt set spectacular performances in Beijing, China in the Summer Olympic Games in 2008.

The Bolt Management finds the actions of AMG extremely presumptuous and will not be drawn by AMG into a position of breach of the Puma contract.

Attorney-at-law
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

who was calling us out again?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What I love about the I-net is that people can become experts on any damn thing from the comforts of their desk tops/Lap tops.

A man who has absolutely no clue about marketing can second guess people who have been doing it all their lives.

Monday morning quarterbacks can tell trophy winning coaches who they should have done...

No Sass or Lazie me not throwing no stones at any of you...he he he he

On a serious note, if this offer was for real and say Bolt should accept it, any of you have any idea what it would mean? A lot of us are seeing Bolt pocketing mucho millions but do we understand what he would have to so to earn that money?

I am sure his coach and agent would have to be fighting off every Chiney man in China for a piece of him for training etc...

Last year when Peart said they would not be taking every dollar thrown at them people here snickered and said they did not know what they were doing.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

you see me drawn inna unnu 100 million things?

A guess you don't do the same thing on the internet. My opinions are mine, when mi get info mi not afraid to tell my sources.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh kno...

...this sounds like the statement from ManU...(or was it Ronaldo's agent?)... on any possibility of discussions on contract moves to Real?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Bogus? Sounds pretty real to me, this is just Bolt's Management team fending off possible lawsuit from Puma. Yuh nuh hear seh dem not allowed fi talk contract with competitors to Puma?

Comment

and why would that be unque to Bolt's sponsorship deal, you ever heard of a buy out clause?

If this was real and he is earning 'only' US$1.5million from Puma and stood to earn $20million per year from the new deal how difficult would it be to buy out the Puma deal?
              Che Guevara.

Comment

You think it easy fi buy out the PUMA deal? You think PUMA want to sell? when Bolt is value over 300 million in advertisement to them?

Why sell him for a fraction?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sickko, your headline and the statement by Bolt's management conflicts. No where in the statement does it say that the offer is bogus. Actually, what I got from the statement is Bolt's management trying to protect itself from a lawsuit from PUMA.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Reminds me of Prince (the singer) and George Michael's contracts with Sony who made a bundle off them and they could not get out of the deal and had to let it run its course.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

One thing is certain and that is Bolt team is flooded right now as he only has one year left with PUMA. Puma better come with a good offer, but I am not impress with their marketing of Bolt at all. They have no long term product or nothing significant bearing the Bolt brand that is in most major market.

You have any idea when the JAAA contract with PUMA is up? They might have a few good offer themselves this time. I hope they get the right people to take advantage.

Comment

I think one of the things JAAA must get out of Puma if they are going to extend the contract is our own design, too many other Puma countries wear the same design including Uganda, Norway, Malawi
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

You can gwaan talk bout you a call out man name, wait till shortman AKA Mosiah hold you
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

hehe
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                            X