Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody taking bets as to when this Test will

be over? 4th or 5th day?

I think it will be over before lunch on the 5th day, WI losing by at least 6 wickets.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

What are you betting? I'm only now seeingf you post at 9:37PM EST and it's lunch time with Windies on 95/2. Well there are only two possible outcomes at this point; a draw or an Aussie win. I voting for the former. We have shown we can bat 4 sessions, so if we do that we'd be well into the morning session of the fifth day. We have to bat out the 4th day and well into the morning session to assure the draw. However, I think lunch on the fifth day as you predict is too soon; if Aussies win it will be in the last session of day 5.

We'll see.
    Peter R

Comment

this is still your position?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He he he... stayed up late last night to watch Christopher Henry Gayle, despite being bone tired after a hard previous four days, in addition to his mature, patient approach to his batting and leadership, the other thing I liked was his quick and decisive action in indicating that Shiv not appeal the LBW decision which was plumb.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Wow, they surprised the hell out of me. I kept waiting for the "inevitable" collapse which I expected after lunch but it didn't happen this time.

Wish I could say "maybe they have turned a corner" but I think we ran out of corners years ago.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

When we say "wonder if they have turned the corner" what are the expectations? Because it seems to me in most of the recent series that Gayle has captained, the team has looked competitive. We tied S. Africa and Sri Linka and beat England. To me, that is a huge turn compared to just a couple years ago.

Comment

Well my expectations currently is absolutely nothing, but for me turning the corner would mean, as a start, consistently ranking higher than at least one of the Test playing nations, excuding Bangladesh.

I don't expect the Test team to get much better until there is a process to develop the players, or a professional league available to develop them for for us.

Comment

is a circle!

other than gayle no one else came to the party....west indies have batted on all 5 days day of this test! check it out!
                Last edited by Gamma; December 7, 2009, 11:59 AM.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Let me know when they have disbanded the lot!

Or should I just wait for the dismantling of the JCF first?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

damn, i stayed up and watched gayle and the west indies to the end of the day...

it was an impressive innings at the crease by gayle... i've been one of his greatest critics over the years... have to give him props when he applies himself and bat acording to the team needs...

match will either be draw or windies win... benn could be the difference...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

No. We have a chance to win!

Unfortunately, I'm so jaded I expected a second innings collapse...which we have experienced somewhat since no one has been able to stay with Gayle for a prolonged partnership...however, if we bat another half hour to 45 minutes and add 30 to the score, with the way the wicket has played we could pull it out.

So I'm revising my comments to THREE possible outcomes... it will be an interesting final day; my coffee on the boil already!
                      Peter R

Comment

If we bat another half an hour Gayle should simply do one of his quick fire thirty somethings and that will do. If we lose, we lose. At least they attacked them.

Comment

BTW I had just come from a 'lime' where I was the lone voice in the wilderness backing Gayle as: captain and opening bat. Everybody there was dead set against Gayle without checking the facts. (BTW thanks to Doc P for re-focussing me as we had this very discussion at Exile's place on Friday night).

Gayle could not have made a more timely performance to back up my position that he can dig in; he is not a one-dimensional batsman by any means.
                          Peter R

Comment

well he is one dimensional in that there is no foo movement, but he played patiently and curbed his natural instincts.

Comment

I'll agree with that, I wouldn't advise any young cricketer to emulate his batting technique where footwork is concerned...yes, I was referring to his diligent approach to the innings, not the swashbuckling methods that can be so devastating, or disastrous, when he goes on a tear.
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X