IMHO, windies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMHO, windies

ought not to have enforced the follow-on to avoid having to bat last on a four day pitch .... they should have sought to extend thier lead by say another 250 ten ask SL to bat. also SL were only 3 runs short as well as the fact that they were in the field all day.....

i suppose imposing the f/o would be the best way of ensuring a result.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

I think that often that decision has a lot to do with confidence in your teams batting ability.

If they go in and try to make a quick 250 and get bundled out for 120 (a very real possibility) , then it looks like a really bad decision.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

but right now BATTING seems to be the strength no? they have the experience gayle nash and chanderpaul whereas bravo is the only experienced bowler, the next being sammy...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Relative strength, yes. But a new skipper and all that, might be playing it safe.

Given we do not have any inside information I do agree with you though,it seems as if going back to bat would have been the better decision.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Either way, we have to out ten men again... i don't think we have the bowling attack to do that in the amount of time we have, follow-on or not.
          Peter R

Comment

bowlers and fielders began suffering from heavy legs.

well we didn't lose so..that is a plus!

peter r and iman (actually anyone else with an opinion for that matter)...in what circumstances would you be inclined to NOT enforce a follow on?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              bowlers and fielders began suffering from heavy legs.

well we didn't lose so..that is a plus!

peter r and iman (actually anyone else with an opinion for that matter)...in what circumstances would you be inclined to NOT enforce a follow on?
              Good pitch for batting and or my players are dead-beat!
              ...or as in this case we never shot them out...mi bowler dem neva run thru dem side lacka hot knife tru butta!!!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

If the strike bowlers need a rest or have any nagging injuries, then I would tend to think twice. Also the state of the pitch if I have the type of bowlers who would be really difficult to play on the final day of a test.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  in a circumstance where it was more likely that the other team could not be bowled out... the pitch was a batting strip... not much help to bowlers... sri lanka has good batsmen who could bat for days if they felt they needed... i would not have enforced the follow on in this match especially with the rain shortening the time... however, i understand the sammy being aggressive and going for the win...

i know sammy was just given the captaincy but his place on the team is suspect, imho...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                  X