Jamaica v Trinidad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica v Trinidad

Regional semi-final 4-day cricket in T&T - JA 574-7 at end of second day's play; Nash 207; W Hinds 130 n.o. Samuels 80 , Hyatt 41, Lambert 39, Walton 30...
    Peter R

If Trinidad can bat for two days, they win. They have more points during the first round.

Hopefully our bowling attack will deal with them case.

Comment

Depends on what score Jamaica declared at. Remember that first inning counts! I don't see TnT making that mammoth score Jamaica made.

What's the latest score Peter?
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Me and Farmah, It's a semi-final and the team that wins goes through, or the team with the higher first innings score does. Right now Jamaica is in the driver's seat having accumulated 665 runs. T&T has a day and a half to try to do that...possible but a big hill to climb.

They were 17-0 last score I heard about 20 mins ago. Now it's 2 pm local time.
        Peter R

Comment

What if they (TT) are still batting and not made the score at end of game...do they still lose 1st innings?? BTW - you still in Trinidad???

Comment

Thanks Peter.

Exile I think that "...if they (TT) are still batting and not made the score at end of game..." then the run rate or the Duckworth-Lewis method would be used to decide the winner.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

it's not limited overs match. D/L is only for limited overs .... i think points from the last round will count. if we get first innings that would see us through. i think we batted too long so t&t will be playing to bat out the remainder of the game

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well it seems that outright wins in the first round is the first tie breaker and as a result Jamaica would go through.

Points in the first round is the second tiebreaker.

Comment

Don't know the rules around that... to make sure all we have to do is take the last six wickets (TT 198 -4 at close) tomorrow. The pitch they say is giving the bowlers no help.
                  Peter R

Comment

true dat. apparently the match was delayed for some time as the team captains sought clarification of those exact rules. in that case Tamar Lambert did the proper thing by batting as long as possible to pile up the runs. it is impossible for Jamaica to lose now. Good captaincy.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Theat rule was confirmed to me by the Trinidad Express reporter, so yes... JA will go through. It is virtually impossible for TT to make the score and as JA won (or had more points) in the head to head in Kingston JA will advance.

Score is TT 333/7 after a rain delay.
                      Peter R

Comment

Working...
                      X