TT v JA Cricket..Can you believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT v JA Cricket..Can you believe

The TT manager is going to seek legal advice on the "way forward" after they were "beaten" in the semis by JA??

I don't know if he realizes how petty and petulant he must appear to anyone with anything greater than half a pea for a brain...

In any playoff system, the playoffs is a "brand new" season... what you did in the regular season only counts to get you into the playoffs... saying they (TT) were not being rewarded for consistency because of how the rules are set, is a bunch of crap. I can't imagine nor have I ever heard any team hark back to the regular season as a reason why they should advance in the post-season. Mr Khan needs to get out from under the rock where he currently is.

The rules were clearly spelled out after a delayed start on Sunday AM I believe; and it is therefore clear that the Jamaican team bearing this information in mind decided to bat as long as possible. The rule being that if the semi-final teams ended up with the same points (from the semi) as happened, the tie-breaker would be the result from the head to head in the preliminaries, from which JA took more points.

If Mr Khan is upset with the rule he should seek to have it amended for a future date and not sound like a spoil-sport who ate some sour grapes.

Exile, what did you hear last night from the JA team members you met?

http://guardian.co.tt/sport/2011/04/...et-heads-court
    Peter R

saying they (TT) were not being rewarded for consistency because of how the rules are set,

If that is the case, then why did they not beat JA on first innings, at least. I guess that is how they define consistency.
    "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

those are the rules of engagement. they should have protested before the season or at least before the game. jamaica can claim that they crafted their game plan according to the rules and then file their own claim if it comes to that.

maybe i am biased but any good lawyer would advise them that what they can do is petition to have the rules changed for next season...this season is done and dusted.

watch how next season, if the rule change (if they are succesful, and i think they make a valid argument) they will get stung by it again! i for one woulda laugh mi self even sillier than i am now!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Valid and they cant even win the damn match or get the fuss inning lead?

Comment

yeah valid ... they won more games thus they had more points and were therefore more consistent in the prelim .... that is fact.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

finishing with more points don't mean jack. If rain washes out certain victory, what? look how many times that has happened where good teams have to hug up a draw due to weather.

freaking Trinis! and den unnu cuss mi!

I tell unnu, Windies cricket will never get any better. The sooner we disband and mash up this dollyhouse the better for everyone!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

force majeure .... it's a part of the landscape. at the end of the day points are points and wns are wins. we all played the same opponents.

Comment

Trinis complaining. What is new.

Comment

What dat have to do with SFs?

Fuss round done and yuh haffi step up!

We were the most consistent last year, so we must automatically win again this year?

Comment

And rules are rules!

Comment

Bajans wussarah! LoL

Comment

T&T manager still nuh have nuh argument if him ago argue bout playing consistent cricket.

Ja and Ingland Lions were the only teams not to lose a match and Ja was the only team to take first innings point from Ingland Lions, a dominant force in the tournament.

CCC were the beneficiaries of bad weather when dem fi get buss arse. while Ja get washed out a couple times when they could have gotten outright wins.
                        How the hell someone so simple minded could be the head of a national organization.

T&T must tek dem licks like a man... try again next year
                        Enjoy unuh champions league cricket.
                        Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                        Mitty

Comment

They were basically laughing as they said they were all aware of the rules. They seem like a good bunch of guys as well...good TEAM....of course man double six get kill...nah call no name still...good food, good vibes.

Comment

They only have themselves to blame...fix a dead wicket, win the toss THEN decided to bowl. Heard that the team that bat last usually wins...but statistically must be insignificant since its a relatively 'new' ground...and only a handful of games... duh!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              finishing with more points don't mean jack. If rain washes out certain victory, what? look how many times that has happened where good teams have to hug up a draw due to weather.

freaking Trinis! and den unnu cuss mi!

I tell unnu, Windies cricket will never get any better. The sooner we disband and mash up this dollyhouse the better for everyone!
                              Mo, I could not agree with you more. It is time for them to do away with this WI and let each country go fend for themselves.
                              "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

Working...
                              X