X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramnaresh Sarwan under investigation?

http://guycricinfo.blogspot.com/2011...by-icc-in.html
    Peter R

BTW... Unuh see dat avatar?? mi gawrsh!!!
    Peter R

Comment

Been to that club. That's all I will say about that. As one poster likes to say anything else will have to be done offline. Why anybody still take west Indies cricket seriously is beyond me,

Comment

I haven't heard this news anywhere else so I am wondering if there is any substance to that blog.

Sickko?
        Peter R

Comment

breds it was worth it just fi di avatar alone!!!!! who cares if the story is true! ?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Nice pants....well they are aren't they!
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

paint .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

why would anyone want to fix anything with a West Indies player?

When they whole team themselves need a fix.

Them can't even gurantee 100 runs as a team when them at the stump muchless fi bet on them fi either win or lose cause lost is gurantee.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

photoshop...
                  Peter R

Comment

For Immediate Release (See also attached pdf file)

MEDIA RELEASE

Rumours and Reports that Sarwan is under investigation by the ICC - False

Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago – 9th April, 2011: Recent rumours circulating that Ramnaresh Sarwan was under investigation by the ICC for match-fixing are false.

WIPA President and CEO, Mr. Dinanath Ramnarine, having spoken with ICC officials, confirms that any such rumours or reports are completely baseless and untrue. He regrets, however, that it took so long for this matter to be put to rest in the public domain.

Ernest Hilaire, WICB CEO, in a response to a request from WIPA, admitted that “The WICB has become aware in recent days that reputable media houses have published and broadcast stories about Ramnaresh Sarwan which did not emanate either from the WICB or from the ICC. While the Board will continue to maintain its practice of not responding to rumours and mischief as it pertains to any anti-corruption issue relating to any player, we have viewed the matter (even before receipt of your letter) as important enough to warrant an official release from the Board, which we have been preparing and will be issuing shortly.”

Hilaire added, “The WICB does not think it is necessary that official communication from either the ICC or ACSU on any matter involving anti-corruption should be shared with third parties unless such is needed for conducting investigations and then only on the request of the ICC or ACSU. You may wish to request any information directly from the ICC or ACSU.”

WIPA has made the point that in many other matters the WICB has reacted very quickly and dashed off news releases and has questioned why this was not the case in this instance since Mr. Sarwan would be deeply concerned about the possible effect of such allegations on his credibility, livelihood, reputation and character .

Replying to Hilaire, WIPA said that it was extremely disappointed and deeply concerned by the WICB’s inaction given the very serious and false allegations made against Mr. Sarwan. WIPA stressed that Hilaire had admitted that the WICB was well aware misinformation was being broadcast about Sarwan by reputable media houses in the Caribbean and that it was unfortunate that the WICB did not see it fit to clarify the issue and protect the good name of Mr. Sarwan by taking immediate action to support the player and prevent damaging speculation, humiliation and embarrassment with respect to one of its long serving players.

WIPA clarified that the ICC saw the reports and, in an effort to dispel the wrongful allegations against Sarwan, wrote to the WICB. In fact, instead of dealing with the matter speedily and directly, the WICB told WIPA that either the organisation or Sarwan should go to the ICC directly if they wanted more information.

Commenting on the issue, Sarwan said, “This has hurt deeply to know that the WICB had the information all the time and up to this time has not spoken publicly on the matter. I am deeply disappointed.”

<ENDS>
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

by the way ?

wheh di article seh ?

Comment

LOL... eediat!
                        Peter R

Comment

Mi want know which idiot woulda pay him a whole heap a money other than WICB. LOL.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                          X