Rohan Walker at Penn Relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rohan Walker at Penn Relays

Just bumped into him in one of the team hotels. If I recall he is not qualified to run at Penn Relays as he was not qualified to run at Champs.

If that is the case why is he here, a free trip? He is with the JC team, this should be interesting.

Some how I still dont think this Ruel guy was being genuine, heard stories about him...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    Just bumped into him in one of the team hotels. If I recall he is not qualified to run at Penn Relays as he was not qualified to run at Champs.

If that is the case why is he here, a free trip? He is with the JC team, this should be interesting.

Some how I still dont think this Ruel guy was being genuine, heard stories about him...
    LOL - Perhaps his grades have improved and he is now qualified to compete in ISSA's competitions? Remember he was only 'disqualified' based on grades.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing... I believe that the qualifying grade is 45%...I am open to correction... shouldn't be too hard to achieve that with some extra effort for a "normal" person.

But Sickko is the reporter... him nuh should investigate more instead of casting aspersions on Ruel Maybe he is as we speak/type...Eh Sickko? How things on the track?
      Peter R

Comment

I think he is eligible. It is his school that decided not to enter him at Champs.

He would have been ineligible if he is not in school, too old or maybe even sitting out a transfer year.

Look at StGC, they can all enter Penns this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
          LOL - Perhaps his grades have improved and he is now qualified to compete in ISSA's competitions? Remember he was only 'disqualified' based on grades.

As the wormy world turns Stay tuned to the dial!
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Come on now....why investigate when it's easier and more interesting to speculate... or cast aspersions??
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You missing the bigger point here. Lets say the JC standard is higher than the ISSA 45% in four subjects and he was kept out of Champs. This is not a big deal as it has happened elsewere to other athletes with little or no fanfare.

The question is how di he qualify by JC standards, to get to Penn Relays if he was not good enough for Champs a month ago?
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

speculation is the last refuge of the lazy or incompetent or attention seeking scribe.. lol

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Maybe JC standards is 40%? who knows?

You posing a good question just ask the right people...

He ran for Jamaica in Carifta so presumably the same questions would apply, correct?

I hope that you are in a position to shed some light for us.
                  Peter R

Comment

Sickko,

Welcome back to Philadelphia again.

Did not get the chance to link many people while I was in JA for Champs but had a great time.

Well, I am heading to Penn Relays today.

Respect
                    Mac

Comment

Sodomite, thinks for yourself or maybe too much sperm chocking your windpipe and thought process.

If by JC's high standards he was not able to run at Champs how is he at Penn Relays then?
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

LOL! What a mess of gibberish.

Life as an unlettered scribe must be quite challenging... leading you devolve to juvenile epithets far too easily

Try restrain yuhself
                        Last edited by Don1; April 29, 2011, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Better to be unlettered than a 5hit digger..dont wory dude I heard your story...you are no body and never will be and just trying to drag down ppl to you dirty level...back the ********** off
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

is this guy delusional or what? heard my story? I'm trying to drag people down to MY dirty level?

More useless aspersions

Tek yuh prozac before yuh get ban from dis site like dem ban yuh from the track site fi yuh nastiness
                            Last edited by Don1; April 30, 2011, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Ban me from site? And what? Nastines is what you do in your spare time rear admiral.

By the way this 'unlettered scribe' has won numerous national and international awards and is the only non American in 30 years to win the Jesse Abramson award for outstanding trcak and field journalism, go check the Penn Relays official magazine this year, also recognised by the IAAF and other organisations.

Where are your achievements...on your knees alone..not good enough
                              Last edited by Sickko; April 30, 2011, 08:18 AM.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X