RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarwan back in Windies squad for 4th ODI....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarwan back in Windies squad for 4th ODI....

..now someone tell me..what has he done since being ignomiously DROPPED for the last three games??? These selectors..worst than politicans! Has he gotten younger?

He's been in the nets, training hard and focussing on his game; he has been seeing a sports psychologist to fortify his mind, as well as a physiotherapist to ensure there is no recurrence of his old injury; he has watched Fire inna Babylon and watched Empire of Cricket west Indies at least three times each, he has eschewed alcohol, roti and all fattening food and instead he has been following a strict regimen as laid out by a sports nutritionist, the only sex he had was with his handlers' permission and no more than one woman a week... at least that's what I think he's been doing! LOL
    Peter R

Comment

LOL. I wouldn't want you as my Sports Manager or agent....w'happn the sweat getting hotter these days...dust dem out this week...if you can't play bring your protege...tell him we'll give him a contract...2 tickets to Movie Towne.

Comment

Samuels has been a disappointment so far. Really sad because he has so much talent (old boy still)! And considering that he did so well in the recently concluded domestic leagues, so much was expected of him. If he maintains his place in teh next match I hope he will make good use of the continued opportunity to impress. Anything less and I won't blame the selectors if they reach for the axe.

That said, I don't understand the point of bringing back Sarwan without the player having gone through a camp or competition. He failed in Pakistan, didn't he? Brendan Nash or Wavel Hinds (inspite of age) would make more sense.
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Well, neither Nash nor Hinds would have been through a camp nor competition immediately preceding this... Sarwan would have been in the WC while Nash and Hinds in the regional competitions; none of them would have had specific preparation for this seies. So, where does that leave us? Sarwan averaged 25 during the WC, and while that would be considered failure, compared to most of the batting order a 25 looks good. His overall career average over 166 matches is 43, and at age 30 he is still not old.

As far as Samuel disappointing, yes, that is disappointing but we must remember he said he was focussing on Test Cricket, not the short form of the game. However, what you say is true... I hope that it doesn't mean they would also drop him for the tests... if he is still on the field for the ODIs and doesn't deliver.
          Last edited by Peter R; May 1, 2011, 02:22 PM.
          Peter R

Comment

Samuels case is perplexing really. He refuse to go to the WC because he felt "he wasn't ready" and as Peter-R said focusing on the longer format...why was he brought in then??? He has so good Regional scores even in the shorter format this season....his problem seems one of confidence...he can't seem to find the spaces and get the ones and twos...so he tries to block and wait for a loose ball to hit. It wont work.

Comment

the only sex he had was with his handlers'

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X