Rain and D/L save the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain and D/L save the day

I honestly do not believe we would have gone on to win this match once Simmons got out... luckily for the Windies Simmons had done enough to get us ahead of the par score... the six that Bravo hit was timely but the credit must go to Simmons for his batting.

We seem to be at sea against spin and this is something we need to address. Simmons was the only bat who was able to deal with any type of bowling, he played controlled aggressive cricket that had the bowlers actually guessing what he was going to do; advance down the wicket or step back to give himself room and slap the ball etc. I am sufficiently impressed by Simmons...he surely has cemented a place in the Windies team in all versions of the game for the near and medium term.

Sarwan's return was low key, he did just about enough to warrant a pick for the next match; he was satisfied to play second fiddle to Simmons but he seemingly gifted his wicket with a lofted drive that really was more like a lob , to the man at long off.

Anyway, congrats to the team... I just wish we could win a match when the pressure is ON.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/west-ind...ry/513446.html
    Peter R

yuh nuh think dat was pressure? anything less than a 6 and we lose!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
    X