• Show
Clear All

• JCA president reportedly attacks assistant secretary

Sport

Cricket bust up
    JCA president reportedly attacks assistant secretary
    BY HOWARD WALKER Observer staff reporter walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A bust up between Paul Campbell, president of the Jamaica Cricket Association (JCA) and assistant secretary, Ian Brown, who is on the slate of the opposing Lindel Wright team, has put a damper on the election of officers set for today.
    Campbell, the incumbent president is being challenged by his vice-president Wright and during a meeting yesterday night at Sabina Park, Brown claimed that he was attacked and physically abused by Campbell.
    When the Observer visited Brown, he was at the offices of Dr Akshai Mansingh on Hope Road where he said he was receiving a check up on his left arm which he allegedly used to block several kicks from Campbell.
    According to Brown, he was at Sabina Park putting together the final touches on the voting list when Campbell and another gentleman appeared in the room and start asking questions about the list.
    Said Brown: "He was asking who is coming from where and I told him John and Tom. He kept asking me but it seems as if those are not the people he want to hear."
    He continued: "The kicks were coming left right and centre and I was blocking them. Several kicks were raining in my direction and at the same time he had a Guiness bottle in his hand and I have to watching the bottle and a watch the kick at the same time and he was threatening me how long he want to kill me."
    But Campbell denied Brown's allegations saying the only physical contact made was when he tried to prevent Brown from leaving the room.
    "There were disagreements over the whole exercise of deciding on certain elements of the preparation of the election," said Campbell.
    "I don't know what is physical. I know that at one point we were trying to resolve the differences. He decided to walk out and I told him that he could not until we addressed the matter and I barred him from going out," said Brown.
    Cricket bust up
    JCA president reportedly attacks assistant secretary
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

disband Jamaica cricket tuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They're in the wrong sport... karate maybe?
      Peter R

Comment

Everybody was Kung-Fu fighting... Heeyah !!

Comment

why him suh stress out DWL

Comment

Maybe I am just bittah like X-man but I never trusted Paul Campbell, he seemed too power hungry.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Wright time! - Former VP lands top job in JCA

LYNDEL Wright knocked Paul Campbell from the top seat after the Jamaica Cricket Association’s presidential election’s unofficial tally of votes showed him winning 55-36 at the Wyndham Hotel in Kingston last night.
              All other members running on Wright’s slate were elected unopposed after the results of the presidential race were announced.

“I want to thank everyone who supported my team, and I want us all to recognise that it’s all about Jamaica’s cricket; the people’s cricket,” said Wright.
              “For those who have served in the previous administration, I want to thank them, and that includes Paul Campbell, the former president.
              “Now I want teamwork and unity because we have to work as a collective... the clubs and Association have to work together to make Jamaica’s cricket better,” he added.
              Campbell was gracious in defeat and had words of advice for the new president. “I am satisfied by the achievement and the growth of the Association during my term. But obviously, I would have loved to see more improvement in terms of the secretariat.
              “Now it’s up to Mr Wright and his team to carry out their duties,” he said.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1M8K99ELl

Comment

Working...
              X