Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce, looks like the ban is still

in effect in Canada...

I'm watching the Stanley Cup game and it doesn't look good for the Canucks.
    Peter R

Followed by some horrible rioting in downtown Vancouver. Store windows smashed, cars set on fire, looting, injuries, possibly some fatalities. The rioting lasted for about four hours after the game.

A crowd of 100,000 gathered in downtown Vancouver to watch the game on big screen TV.

Comment

The frustration... the booze... the stupidity frankly; I was in Montreal last year during the playoffs when the Habs were having a good run, I watched a match in a downtown bar with a friend , we thought there was an extraordinary police presence in the street that night, neither of us knew the fans had rioted after the previous game but nothing like Vancouver... ahh yes those mild-mannered Canadians... BTW what happened in Miami when the Heat lost?
      Last edited by Peter R; June 16, 2011, 05:32 AM.
      Peter R

Comment

VIDEO: TV News Footage Rioting In Vancouver

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/ EXTENDED: Rioting Continues Into Night

This is a big time riot.

Comment

Interesting, I thought the way the fans cheers Vancouver in the arena was an indication of class....
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

The police in Boston were out in full force, people called off days off and short leaves but then there was no real need for them, except to steer drunken South Boston yahoos home
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

What time is it in Vancouver?

Three past Luongo.

Comment

What???

Yuh figget how dem mash up Montreal in 1986 and 1994 WHEN DEM WIN!!!!!

I was there in 86 and saw it live.

Comment

Working...
                X