Yow Willi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yow Willi

You host big race and we dont here a damn thing fram you. Give we a report no man.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Bwoy di man dem change up the hotel location, so I dont get to meet Asafa and chat as usual. Him get star treatment this year, so was not very accessible.

I spent time with Nesta,Bigga, Frater and Gunz.

Haffi seh its always fun meeting up with Gunz. Very cool youth! Probably my favourite athlete, followed by Bigga, Asafa, Bolt, Shelly and BFH. The Pearl is cool as well.

Learned a lot... some cant be repeated in public.

Asafa was awesome! I watched the race with some of the MVP crew I met up with. I sat far from The Jam cheering crew (mixup with tickets), but went over to them at the end.

Managed to chat with Sanya, Kerron Clement, Reece Hoffa, Delloreen, and 1 or 2 others. Nice time all around.

BTW, Frater told me that he was sick after running the SF at trials. He was feeling bad earlier but got better for the SF and got real bad after...throwing up and feeling hot. Gunz also threw up after his SF. He realized he ran too hard for his first 2 rounds given his lack of fitness after missing 6 months of training time.

Comment

Frater rebounds

RAYMOND GRAHAM, Star Writer

Frater

AFTER his disappointment at last weekend's National Senior Championships, where he was optimistic of finishing in the top three in the men's 100 metres for an individual spot at the Daegu World Championships, but had to settle for fifth, Michael Frater bounced back in style at yesterday's Lausanne Diamond League meet in Switzerland.

Frater finished second behind teammate Asafa Powell in a personal best of 9.88 seconds. It was his second sub-10 second clocking this season, following his previous best 9.94 seconds where he was fifth at the Prefontaine meet in Eugene, Oregon.

The time by Frater yesterday put him at number five in the world so far this season, in the event, and number three among Jamaican males. Frater was happy with his new personal best, despite expressing disappointment about his performance at the National Championships.

very disappointed

"I am very disappointed about the trials and not making the team individually but it is part of life," said Frater, speaking to Star Sports minutes after his event yesterday.

"I was a bit sick on the Friday of the meet at trials and tried to overcome it but it didn't work out. I knew I was in great shape and it was a matter of going out there healthy and executing a good race today," he said.

Although running a personal best, the former World Championships 100 metres silver-medallist believes he has more to offer.

"I ran a personal best today (yesterday) but I still have a lot more in me. There is no need to cry over spilled milk like the trials, as I just have to move on and try to overcome it," he continued.

"I still have many races to do for the season and I am just gonna go out there and run some fast times because I know I am in the best shape of my life," said Frater.

Frater stated that he was not surprised about his fast time because he was in great shape. He spoke about his next assignment.

"My next race is in Russia on Sunday and I am just going there to run another personal best if the weather is good. I hear that the weather isn't so good but hopefully it gets better by then."

Comment

He said running fast in the heat was out of the plan, but Lansford put the heat on him, I wonder why he did not just let Lansford go and settle for 2nd where he would not have expand his reserves? Oh well rounds management.

Comment

That is what he should have done. He messed up and knows it.

Comment

Working...
          X