X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monaco 9.88 Bolt

Carter 9.90

jus so so dry suh?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

you want water wid it. LOL.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

er....yes ... a likkle bebidge at dat ........

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bolt shines, Hooker flops in Monaco
          By Luke Phillips (AFP)–23 hours ago
          MONTE CARLO — Jamaican sprint star Usain Bolt clocked a timely season's best of 9.88 seconds in the 100m here on Friday, but Australian pole vault king Steve Hooker flopped in his comeback from injury.
          Bolt looked to be heading for his first defeat in a year halfway through the blue riband race, but he pulled out a top final 50m to pip compatriot Nesta Carter by two-hundredths.
          "I came into the race but didn't execute well. I had to work hard and concentrate," said Bolt after his third and final 100m before the August 27-September 4 world championships in Daegu, South Korea.
          "There are some little things to work on. I have time before the world championships and I will continue to do my best."
          There was heartbreak for Hooker, however, who flopped on his comeback to competition after an injury-enforced eight-month lay-off.
          The defending world, Olympic and Commonwealth champion had warned he was not operating at 100 percent fitness and his rustiness showed.
          Hooker, whose best of 6.06m is second only to the legendary Sergey Bubka in the all-time list, came in at 5.45m, failing his first attempt before catapaulting himself over at the second.
          But he then registered three no-jumps at 5.60m in what will be a massive confidence blow before the Daegu worlds, as Frenchman Renaud Lavillenie went on to win the competition in a world lead of 5.90m.
          Allyson Felix, the reigning three-time 200m world champion, also suffered a rare defeat in the women's 200m, going down to US team-mate Carmelita Jeter, who won in a personal best of 22.20sec.
          "It wasn't my best day," admitted Felix, whose next appearance will be in Daegu. "I'm still happy that I came and got it done."
          Felix's Kenyan-born team-mate Bernard Lagat was pipped to the 5000m by Mo Farah in a new British record of 12:53.11.
          The Somalia-born Farah's time was one of six other season-leading performances, Kenyan trio David Rudisha, Silas Kiplagat and Brimin Kiprop Kipruto all sending out clear warnings that they were in prime form for Daegu.
          World record holder Rudisha claimed victory in the 800m in 1:42.61 ahead of compatriot Asbel Kiprop and pronounced himself content on his comeback from his long-term injury.
          "I'm very happy and it's nice to see such a fast time," he said. "My foot is improving and my form is coming back.
          "I am eager for the world championships. I have been doing some good training and I know that in the coming weeks I will be in my top shape."
          Kiplagat sprinted to a thrilling finish in a high-quality 1500m, winning in 3:30.47 ahead of compatriot Nixon Chepseba with Sudan' world indoor champion Abubaker Kaki just holding off Kiwi Nick Willis.
          And Kipruto clocked a stunning 7:53.64 in the 3000m steeplechase, just one-hundredth off the world record held by Qatar's Kenyan-born Saif Shaheen.
          There was another fastest time of the season for Botswana's Amantle Montsho in the 400m (49.83sec) while Czech Barbora Spotakova nailed a world lead of 69.45m in the javelin.
          Croatian world champion Blanka Vlasic won the women's high jump in 1.97m, and Olympic gold medallist Angelo Taylor beat home world champion and fellow American Kerron Clement in the 400m hurdles in 47.97sec.

Comment

Mi nah seh nutten, mek yuh jump down mi choat! LoL

Comment

me, wiili?!!?

Comment

Yuh gwaan

In fa a shock come Daegu.

Daz all I gwine seh! LoL

Comment

suh yuh STILL manage fi seh sup'm??! LOL!!!!!

Comment

Did busy pan di plantation suh mi jus post di result. Nex time ah wi add a likkle sumpn to it.

Comment

But mus!

Comment

Working...
                      X