Jamaica's track organisation is way underrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica's track organisation is way underrated

It is so easy for track fans and even some journalists to give the JAAA a hard time when they dont perform at the very uptimum standards and we dont realise that what we have is a first world organisation.

I am in Miramar, South Florida covering the Pan-Am Juniors and this must easily be one of the poorest international meets I have ever attended.

They could learn a thing or three from the organisers of Gibson Relays, Champs and Western Relays.

There are 34 countries taking part here and there is not even a bench for the media to sit on and work, we were told about a tent near the field but no one seems to be able to even show us a piece of tarp, much less a tent.

And no one seems to give a damn either.

The result site was not even active until AFTER the meet started today and at 10pm, the lane draws for tomorrow are not up yet.

When we got here Thursday, they did not have even heat sheets for us to use for our previews

I have never seem so much ineptitude at an international meet and the Americans dont even seem to care and now I realise why the IAAF does not want to put any meets here.

They should not be asked to organise even a skipping rope competition but I hear they have improved since last year when they did not even have wireless internet
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Yuh nuh have HL numba?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nope....why him can put in a media centre here?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Him can ship one down by UPS overnite! Tink him easy?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The young lady who manages the Ansin complex was telling us they ran out of tables and chairs and couldnt find any in all of south Florida, imagine that!

I was trying to find the number for Kingston hireage to give them
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Unnu no easy at all...yu nevva know South Florida is not America???

Comment

A wha? Cuba?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The worst of Cuba, Jamaica, DR, TT....name it..."Miami is not the the USA, it's the 3rd World" -my ex Professor...

Comment

Time for Jamaicans to offer the service of running these meets. Its business....Mosiah...I could link yu up with an Event Manager....

Comment

While your main point is taken.

Gibson is not run by JAAA, but the KC Gibson org. Champs is an ISSA thing. JAAA runs Trials and Kgn Invitational, as well as Carifta, etc.

Of course many of the personnel in these groups overlap.

Miramar is Ato sponsored community sports centre. Not fit for such an event!

Look at how well Penn is organised!

Comment

This was not a Ansin (Ato) run meet this was run by the USATF and came under both NACAC and CACAC.

As for the events in Jamaica, practically all the major meets are run by the same core group, especially stats and record keeping etc, the main meet directors are Ray harvey, Glen Mills or Alfred Francis and there is a blue print that they all follow.

Glen the USATF website guy was livid and said openly that America does not deseve to host any meets of this kind as they dont have the know how; he was forced to sit on the floor one day and file his stories.

Nothing wrong with the venue except the infield was wat too soft (football field) and the shot put had to be dug out of the turf and several times the discus landed side up and stuck as well.

Track was to close to the fences but it was a nice place given there was only 400 athletes taking part
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

A lot of the meets or more organized, even high school.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

USATF runs their Trials every year in Eugene, so they SHOULD know, how to run a meet.

Comment

Working...
                          X