RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new approach to managing Asafa Powell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new approach to managing Asafa Powell?

The fellow is running is heart out before the big World Championship inseatd of playing Possum. I wonder if they also working on his big race stage fright issue. I would love to see Bolt chasing down Asafa at the 90m mark.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Him have a real chance fi win di 100, him attitude right an him altered running style look like a winner to mi. Usain nah guh give up di mankle suh easy but is now or nevah fi Asafa an it seem like now to mi.

Comment

Remind me when did Asafa play possum before a major championships? 73 sub 10 seconds times sey you chatting fought
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Yup! Bolt will have to catch him! ...and based on how Asafa is running it looks as if Bolt shall be late.

...they beauty is based on how all our big guns are running it could well be 1234!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

HAHAHA!

how much money unnu have fi lose!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            Remind me when did Asafa play possum before a major championships? 73 sub 10 seconds times sey you chatting fought
            Powell pulls out of today's diamon league.

Sickko, I don't know this sport thing as much as you so but I am going to ask, did is run all 73 sub 10 secords in the seasons just before a major championship?

Bye the way he just pulled out of today's Diamon league. Knowing MVP him probably playing sick.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...gue-meet-today

Powell pulls out of today's Diamond League meet

Sprinter says he cannot risk world champs

Friday, August 05, 2011

<A href="mailto:?subject="Powell pulls out of today" s JamaicaObserver.com? - Online News Jamaican | Powell-pulls-out-of-Diamond-League-meet-today latestnews www.jamaicaobserver.com http: meet?&body="Link:" League Diamond>

LONDON, United Kingdom (AP) — Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell has pulled out of today’s Diamond League meeting at Crystal Palace, citing a groin injury.

In a statement released by organisers, Powell says he has felt tightness in his groin since competing in Budapest on Saturday and he “just can’t take the risk” with the world championships beginning August 27 in Daegu, South Korea.
            Asafa Powell

Asafa Powell

#slideshowtoggler { FILTER: none !important; ZOOM: normal !important}#slideshowtoggler A { FILTER: none !important; ZOOM: normal !important}#slideshowtoggler IMG { FILTER: none !important; ZOOM: normal !important}
            <A style="FILTER: alpha(opacity=40); ZOOM: 1" class=prev href="http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/Powell-pulls-out-of-Diamond-League-meet-today#" jQuery1312554236096="24"> 1/1<A style="FILTER: alpha(opacity=40); ZOOM: 1" class=next href="http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/Powell-pulls-out-of-Diamond-League-meet-today#" jQuery1312554236096="25">

The 28-year-old Powell has the fastest 100-metre time in the world this season of 9.78 seconds. He is aiming to beat defending champion Usain Bolt at the world championships for his first major individual title.
            Powell had been scheduled to run the 100 tonight.
            Related story:
            Asafa says time running out
            http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...Palace_9375121

Read more: <A style="COLOR: #003399" href="http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/Powell-pulls-out-of-Diamond-League-meet-today#ixzz1UAGEsWo7">http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...#ixzz1UAGEsWo7
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              HAHAHA!

how much money unnu have fi lose!
              I expect Powell to stop running as soon as he hears Bold footsteps at 80m. Powell have to learn to change gear in the last 20m if he wants to beat Bolt. You can put your mother's pot on fire and wait for Karl's money to buy the salt thing.

Comment

How Asafa fi hear Bolt footstep when Bolt will be so far ahead of him from the 40m mark?!!?

talk sense nuh man!

mi just hope Asafa can come second!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You cant change gears at 80m in a 100m race Phillip, at that time you are holding on for the line...what you think you see as runners accelerating is a mind trick, they are decelerating slower than the others
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

You cant change gears at 80m in a 100m race Phillip, at that time you are holding on for the line...what you think you see as runners accelerating is a mind trick, they are decelerating slower than the others
                    True - How do you feel about Asafa dropping out of a rounds plus final race today? DO you believe that him really feeling sick? I told Bruce that Asafa reeds to run more tough. Asafa lacks that the toughness of an ISSA Chams school boy who had to run mutiple heats and final races to earn points.
                    Last edited by Time; August 5, 2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

But Asafa did run at Champs, he just did not do very well then, he was more focused on playing DCup. He was running from a bitch slap from Yohan Blake today
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Has Blake done anything close to the times Asafa has been posting this year? I am not sure. Just asking.

Comment

But Asafa did run at Champs, he just did not do very well then, he was more focused on playing DCup. He was running from a bitch slap from Yohan Blake today
                          LOL - Powell living up to the Possum thing man, him playing sick

I found this in wikipedia.

Powell represented his school Charlemont High at the ISSA High School Championships. On 11 April he finished fourth in the Class 1 200 m, in 23.07 with a −1.7 m/s headwind. On 13 April, he finished third in his heat of the Boy's Class 1 100 m, recording 11.45 with a −2.3 m/s headwind. Neither time recorded in the heats was quick enough to advance him to the next round of competition.[7]

Powell again represented Charlemont High at the ISSA High School Boy And Girls Championships, finishing seventh in the Class 1 100 m Final. Recognizing some talent, coach Stephen Francis started coaching Powell one week later.[8] Powell vindicated Francis by winning the Boys Under-20 100 m event in 10.50 seconds at the JAAA National Championships on 22 June.[9]

Interesting because I could swear that I heard Asafa saying in an interview that part of his problem is that he never came up through the champ system. Perhaps he meant that he started late?

If Francis could help him with his style in a week then can I can just imagine what Powell would have achived as a school boy had he gone to a school with a good system.

Comment

Nope.

However, that 9.95s run is a 9.86s basic. Asafa's 9.78s in Lausanne a month ago was a 9.83s basic. Basic means adjusting back to zero wind.

I imagine that Asafa is taking no chances this year and while not running from a B-slap, would rather not have such a fast race at this point in HIS training. I imagine he is under a heavy training load at the moment. MVP is very scientific in applying daily training loads. They use a sophisticated feedback loop system for the final weeks and days of peaking.

Comment

Adjusting for wind doesn't win head to head races...big man ting dis...not likkle boy ting...

Comment

Working...
                              X