Dorian Scott not in Daegu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorian Scott not in Daegu

Report on Track Alerts say he did not make the trip as he started a new job and would not get the time off....

Some thing does not sound right to me but will leave it alone...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

I just had a good laff.

Everybody knew the date of Daegu from TWO years ago!

OH WELL, I'll leave well enough alone
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      Report on Track Alerts say he did not make the trip as he started a new job and would not get the time off....

Some thing does not sound right to me but will leave it alone...
      Was that the shot putter who tested positive for Ganja?

Can shot putt pay the man bills?
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

That is an ignorant statement...use the edit option to make corrections
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

I am not ashamed, I am no expert on the subject, answer the questions!
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

I am not ashamed, I am no expert on the subject, answer the questions!

Comment

Here is how I see it, the team was named two plus weeks ago and he was on it, therefore he would have responded to the email that all team members got, confirming that he was going and when he would reach camp and where he would be flying from so the ticket can be written up.

Then now we hear that he will not be there as he has a new job?

What am I missing here? This is the same man who cussed off Jason Morgan last year when Jason asked for compensation from JAAA to go to India for the Commonwealth Games as he would have to take unpaid leave and he could not afford to be away so long.

This is the same Dorian Scott who spoke about his love to represent Jamaica yadda yadda yadda...

so his new job couldnt give him two more weeks so he could go and take part in the World Championships that he had been preparing for more than 18 months ago?

I hope you are following what I am trying to say here Time, you went to a good school and you have a good name..dont let me down now
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Time, they will be testing ALL THE ATHLETES at WC, bar none, all of a sudden athletes are coming down maligripe and fluxy complain, what do you think now on Scott out?

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
                  Time, they will be testing ALL THE ATHLETES at WC, bar none, all of a sudden athletes are coming down maligripe and fluxy complain, what do you think now on Scott out?
                  I don't want to Sicko into a libel situation so let me respond to you.

I know about the test everybody decision. Sicko pointed it out when it was announced and said it would be interesting to see who does not show up. However, you just can't just crucify everyone who don't show up without looking at the person and the only thing I knew about this name was that he tested positive for Ganja.

Sicko has presented a better case now that he had explained a few things about the fellow. Also, if this fellow had very little chance of being tested under the old rules of selecting who gets tested then sicko case gets stronger.

One word of caution, I watch nuff good detective shows where the obvious suspect was innocent.
                  Last edited by Time; August 25, 2011, 05:24 AM.

Comment

A new job is very easy to verify. With his limited appearances on the world stage (I have never heard his name being called in any Diamond League), it is understandable and easy to accept his situation.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                      Was that the shot putter who tested positive for Ganja?

Can shot putt pay the man bills?

Yeah, but if it was another athlete, would this be your comment
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Here is how I see it, the team was named two plus weeks ago and he was on it, therefore he would have responded to the email that all team members got, confirming that he was going and when he would reach camp and where he would be flying from so the ticket can be written up.

Then now we hear that he will not be there as he has a new job?

What am I missing here? This is the same man who cussed off Jason Morgan last year when Jason asked for compensation from JAAA to go to India for the Commonwealth Games as he would have to take unpaid leave and he could not afford to be away so long.

This is the same Dorian Scott who spoke about his love to represent Jamaica yadda yadda yadda...

so his new job couldnt give him two more weeks so he could go and take part in the World Championships that he had been preparing for more than 18 months ago?

I hope you are following what I am trying to say here Time, you went to a good school and you have a good name..dont let me down now
                        Paul - you are CORRECT. I am following your trend..........
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

No man this is not a man with little international experiences, you may not have heard his name on the Diamond league stage but he has been competing all over the place and in all major championships over the past few years...
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/biograp...439/index.html
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Ok, but how recently was he on the money-making circuit? The point that I am trying to make is that I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until the new job can be verified. This explanation seems to be very plausible given the fact that he NEEDS to work while trying to be a professional athlete in an event that is not financially beneficial to him and his family.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X